• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Help with Noir Resin models..

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v0rani

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Hello guys,

I recently with great delight received my noir resin models and im abit concerned about its stability.

Both Kirika and Mireille's feet dont sit flat on the stand. Kirika seems on for the time being as that i estimate she's got about one and a half feet on the stand, where as Mireille only has the front of her left boot touching the stand..

so essentially both of them are resting purely in the nail part which you stick into the stand.

i dont want to glue them in place, but at the same time i'd like to ensure they dont fall over.. what the hell should i do?
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Some kind of tape or sticky tac that won't be permenent? Sorry if this sounds like a stupid suggestion, I'm not well experienced with resin models.
BERSERK EVA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:44 am Reply with quote
Try florist "Sticky Clay." I bet that would work. I used it to hold down action figures to a dirama for school one time. Or maybe candle tack or something like that.
Ramen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:31 pm Reply with quote
You are going to be mounting these resin kits on some sort of base, right? The proper way to do it is to pin the model to the base. You drill a hole into the feet of the kit and into the base, then you can use a metal rod to keep it in place.
v0rani

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:02 pm Reply with quote
erm i got the pre painted one as seen here http://www.justmanga.com/showprod.cfm?itemno=moirmireillesta and there already is a hole drilled into the base. Sure Mireille sits there, but im just concerned that she wobbles abit whenever someone walks by.
gnollman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:10 pm Reply with quote
As Ramen said, you must pin resin models to the base. Trusting them to the pegs, etc supplied on the model is folly.

Pinning is simple. You get a drill bit of a small diameter, get a wire rod of slightly smaller diameter, and get either a pin vise or a variable speed drill. You do not want a non-variable... trust me. Drill out a hole of sufficient length into the leg or support of the resin figure, and a corresponding hole in the base where you wish the support to go. Apply superglue to the wire, and insert it into the drilled hole in the figure. Depending on the base, you will require superglue (plastic, metal, glass, resin) or some form of epoxy or even wood or white glue (wood). Apply to the wire, and insert into the base. Don't fiddle with it, let bond, and voila! Much more secure....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1