• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Boston 2011

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaymie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:44 pm Reply with quote
That logo.

HJSoulma

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:17 am Reply with quote
Jaymie wrote:
That logo.

Anime hyper I'm so glad someone else noticed it. The whole time I was there I was like ANIME BOSTON WANTS ME TO MAKE A CONTRACT...!

I can't think of any other reason other than "striking fear into the hearts of congoers" to have done the o's like that....
Sailor S

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:30 am Reply with quote
Or it could be because that's been their logo for years now, much longer than Madoka ever existed. It's an amusing coincidence, but a coincidence all the same.
HJSoulma

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
Or it could be because that's been their logo for years now, much longer than Madoka ever existed. It's an amusing coincidence, but a coincidence all the same.

...I actually knew that, but conspiracy theories are much more fun.
The Xenos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:45 am Reply with quote
I love how Anime Boston is in the Hynes and has cosplayers and geeks regularly going through one of the higher class malls in the area. Heck, I've lived within walking distance from that mall and hit it up long before AB got there. When they moved from the Park Plaza to the Hynes I was quite happy as it was a short walk for me at the time. Plus places like Newbury street or any number of good places to eat are a hop away. The Japanese restaurants alone within a 15 min walk alone are a decent number.

Seeing con goes taking over the mall every year is a delight. Plus I gotta giggle a bit at the horrible placement of a Catholic chapel with glass windows right in front of the con entrance. In particular with all the odd cosplays including a number of Jesus ones (of which I finally joined the ranks of this year). Plus it keeps falling right in the middle of Easter weekend.

I sure hope the con never gets big enough that it has to move to the Southie convention center in the middle of nowhere out on the waterfront. The Hynes is just so smack dab in the middle of everything, it'd be a shame to move from there.
giapet
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:56 am Reply with quote
The Xenos wrote:
I love how Anime Boston is in the Hynes and has cosplayers and geeks regularly going through one of the higher class malls in the area.

Yeah, that kept giving me the giggles since it was my first time at Anime Boston. I had a photo (or thought I did; I couldn't find it for the report!) of a pyro from TF2 and a couple of dudes with suitcases walking past Anne Loft.

Muwahaha.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1