• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - Operation Podcast Drop

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:31 pm Reply with quote
lol those guys are a-holes. I listen for 2mins and close the browser.

Look, people can write whatever they want on their blogs. There is no need to go the a potcast to tell people what to do. and how their blog suck or not interesting.

they don't even know the meaning of "blog". Blog is not news article or review, Or "for people". most people write blog for them self or friends to read only like a journal.
Psycho_Despair

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Hey, you should have kept listening up to the "japtoons" situation, it was funny Very Happy

Not done yet, but this podcast sure is funny, hey I just noticed that I can't say "J..a...P" on this forum hahahaha. I thought it wasn't so racy after all lol
superdeformed

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:51 pm Reply with quote
OH NO! A CONTRARY OPINION! QUICK! SHUT IT DOWN!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
animalcalls

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:54 pm Reply with quote
If more anime fans were like the Colony Drop guys, I'd like more anime fans.
TokyoGetter

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:57 pm Reply with quote
animalcalls wrote:

... stuck in 1994, regurgitating Animag articles?

(For the record I actually like their writing, but it's just super familiar territory for me.)
animalcalls

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:03 pm Reply with quote
TokyoGetter wrote:
animalcalls wrote:

(For the record I actually like their writing, but it's just super familiar territory for me.)

That's the world I grew up in as well, and I liked anime fans back then so maybe that's why I respond to this sort of stuff. It's fresh in today's context, at least.
sonickid101

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Im not to familuire with Colony Drop, but since anime fans hate this anime blog, it must be a realy good blog, Im gonna read this.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:36 pm Reply with quote
I love being offended. After reading the posts here I was expecting to enjoy myself. I didn't have a gay ole time and those guests bored me. Maybe their schtick failed because I don't read anime blogs or know anything about the uproar Colony Drop has caused to anime bloggers.
wayne-kun

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:03 pm Reply with quote
That was a fun show. Smile
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Regarding the whole &*&( Otaku Say thing, while it may be true that they never intended to personally mock the people quoted (aside from the earthquake whiners), and aren't telling people "click these links and insult the guy who made the quote", the fact is that many people will indeed do just that. While those comments are all public comments anyways, there's still a big difference between a blog that's one out of thousands of similiar ones and has a handful of readers, vs a well known site with tons of fans.

So by posting some of those comments on $%# Otaku Say, they could inadvertently bring down tons of %&%head fans to the original blog or whatever, mocking the poster. In the case of the earthquake whiners, this isn't something anyone's going to care about, heck, they'll be happy about it. But when it's a teenage girl with serious body issues? Ok, it's a bit more sad then if she gets 237 trolls mocking her cruelly because her comment was posted on #%$ Otaku Say.

Not sure what the best way to deal with that is, though.

Last edited by Mad_Scientist on Thu May 05, 2011 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
ThePoliced

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Fun shit. One of em said he didn't care about anything made after end of Eva, come on, 95-00 period had great series.

Bebop, Bubblegum Crisis, Saber Marionette, Slayers, Nadesico, Those who hunt elves, Silent Moebious(i think), Ghost in the Shell...
Princess Mononoke. But i get him, 90-95 was one of the best periods for the industry.

Hit them otakus hard, boys.
TokyoGetter

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:17 pm Reply with quote
animalcalls wrote:
TokyoGetter wrote:
animalcalls wrote:

That's the world I grew up in as well, and I liked anime fans back then so maybe that's why I respond to this sort of stuff. It's fresh in today's context, at least.

Meh. You read /m/ = you read Colony Drop. I wish they'd step the game up. Really. Get in all the fights you want to, etc, but seriously write something now and then.
Jrittmayer

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:35 pm Reply with quote
animalcalls wrote:

I think I might too.

Seriously though, to all those people offended by these guys: You obviously don't get it, these guys are meant to be not-so-nice-people and thats why they're awesome. They're saying it like it is despite what most anime fans want to hear.

I actually agree with almost all of their points, especially everything they said about anime blogs. While I firmly believe that blogs are outlets for peoples thoughts, there is no denying that most blogs are completely boring shit.

About 1/3 through the show right now, really loving this show right now. Laughing
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:39 pm Reply with quote
I can kind of understand how haing multiple screenshots and episode-by-episode views with barely any information might not work for everyone. That's partially why, on my blog, I only review the entire show, movie, and/or OVA and the only screenshot I use is the title splash... The other reason is because I am too lazy to grab tons of screens for one title. The only exception was when I reviewed a video game, but even for that one my screens were mostly from the end-game, since I had not thought of doing many screens up until that point.

Also, I just can't help but actually go into some sort of detail when I do reviews... But that might just be the journalism major that I got from college affecting my thoughts. And that's probably one reason why I focus on smaller name/obscure titles on my blog: To simply be different from the "usual suspects" out there when it comes to anime blogs; since they aren't as well known I have to talk about them in more detail than other bloggers might for more recent shows. And that probably explains why I have very few comments on my reviews and such, but oh well.

When you guys brought up the idea of simply saying "This title isn't for me," that actually seems very hard to many people to say that. Like it was brought up, a lot of people seem to have trouble understanding that simply because they hated something that doesn't mean that there is no way anyone could like it. Personally, I can understand why someone wouldn't like something, and if that person can actually explain why he/she didn't like it then that's all the better because then there's actually some thought going into it.

I haven't read too much of Colony Drop, but what I have read had my attention and I can't say that I didn't like what I read. Interesting episode, to say the least.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:47 pm Reply with quote
animalcalls wrote:
TokyoGetter wrote:
animalcalls wrote:

You're joking right?

Please tell me you're joking?

You're honestly complaining about the fact that anime fans have changed from what they where 10 years ago? As a man whose been posting on forums for over 12 years I can safely say that anime fans 10 years ago whereas bad if not worse than they are now. Gundam.com in particular was a nightmare because of the arrogance of the fandom.

The second season of Gundam 00, Code Geass R2 was a lot worse than Gundam Seed Destiny. Both those series have the same problems that GSD had (poor battles, character derailment, and character favoritism) but Gundam 00 season 2 removed the best part of Gundam 00 (whether or not Celestial Being was in the right) and basically stated that Celestial Being is right, and the idea war is caused by misunderstanding, and misunderstanding alone is simply laughable.. Code Geass R2 was so absurd that you can't tell what was meant to be serious or what was meant to be comical. At least GSD had some interesting ideas like how America has become dominated by businesses or how Durandal uses the masses to make himself into the savior of the solar system.

Also Super Robot Wars Original Generation: The Inspectors was a lot better than the Fatal Fury movie, primarily because Sanger Zonvolt is in it and not in Fatal Fury.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9