• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! Game Gets TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:16 am Reply with quote
Note that the game makers made Kimi ga Aruji and Tsuyokiss, both of which got an anime. Kimi ga Aruji had a decent adaptation of the game unlike Tsuyokiss which was just bad. Maji de Watashi was also the best selling game in 2009. So here's hoping this gets a good adaptation and budget as well.
4nBlue

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:51 am Reply with quote
YES! YES! YEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!

Majikoi S announcement in two days and now this! F**k yeah!

The game has an amazing voice cast (I wouldn't be surprised if over half of the games budget was spent on voice actors).

Staff seems to be rather solid, but what the heck is studio Raruke? I can't find any information about studio Raruke.

Edit: Is Raruke supposed to be LARC?

BTW, game's prologue has been translated by fans.

Edit 2: Anime's site is open.
Banken

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:49 am Reply with quote
Apparently the title is a pun...

It's pronounced MAJI (slang word for serious) even though the characters say SHINKEN (real sword, which is also a phrase that means serious).
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:20 am Reply with quote
Oh, man. This is gonna be awesome. Look at the size of her breasts.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:23 am Reply with quote
I wonder if the cast of Kimi ga Aruji will make a cameo appearance?
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:17 pm Reply with quote
sweet cant wait to watch this
roanhammer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:28 pm Reply with quote
It's "Mada" not "Mata."
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:45 pm Reply with quote
They had a Death Note parody in KimiAru... I wonder what parody they'll pull off in this one.
ZipZapZopTitania

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Wait, the same guy directed School Days and Katanagatari? Word on the street is that School Days royally sucked and sucked hard, and Katanagatari is, like, tres magnifique masterpiece ohmaigawd. (Maybe it's just the fact that SD is adapted from a reeeeally creepy-sounding visual novel, and KG is Nisio Isin...) That said, I'm watching KG right now, so I'll find out soon enough. And of course, SD gave us such a beautiful boat. xD Back to the actual topic now:

I may make this my Lulz Pick of whatever season it comes out in. If it's quality slapstick, it may even make my real watchlist~ Of course, only the PVs and website will tell, since I'm probably not going to do any actual research of my own. But as egoist said, that picture doesn't bode all that well, and I certainly won't watch it if it's nonstop fanservice fluff. (In its defense, I have seen *cough* SEKIREI *cough* worse pictures.)
4nBlue

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:22 am Reply with quote
ZipZapZopTitania wrote:
I may make this my Lulz Pick of whatever season it comes out in. If it's quality slapstick, it may even make my real watchlist~ Of course, only the PVs and website will tell, since I'm probably not going to do any actual research of my own. But as egoist said, that picture doesn't bode all that well, and I certainly won't watch it if it's nonstop fanservice fluff. (In its defense, I have seen *cough* SEKIREI *cough* worse pictures.)

As someone who has completed the game I would like to say that the game doesn't have that much fanservice and the fanservice is mainly for the sake comedy, so the likeliness of the anime being nonstop fanservice fluff is very low. BUT I would also have guessed that Yosuga no Sora would have had only few fanservice scenes and two implied sex scenes and that 11eyes would have only few panty shots, and I'm sure that anyone who has seen even one episode of those shows knows how wrong I was.

You just can't predict this stuff, especially with new animation studio and staff that has done all kinds of anime.

Megiddo wrote:
They had a Death Note parody in KimiAru... I wonder what parody they'll pull off in this one.

You can expect a huge number of parodies.

MrTerrorist wrote:
I wonder if the cast of Kimi ga Aruji will make a cameo appearance?

I'm 98% sure that Ageha will appear (she appears in the in first scene of the game, in the OP and several times later in the game). Rest of the cast will probably have small cameos.
greensoulreaper

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Another slapstick comedy with script done by Katsuhiko Tamayama, featuring Hiroshi Kamiya as the lead role? Man this is gonna be funny. Can't wait.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1