• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Usagi Drop/Bunny Drop's 1st Promotional Video Streamed

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asrialys

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait to watch this!
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Wow, models are spot on. Smile Looking forward to this adaptation of one of my favorite manga out now.
luhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Lost all interest in watching this after spoiler[finding out the manga ends with Daikichi and Rin getting married. *vomit*]
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait to see, hope its as good as I am expecting it to be.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:43 pm Reply with quote
wow. I was thinking to myself "Wow finally a VA that acutally sounds like a kid." then I looked it up and she JUST turned 10 irl. Awesome.

Looks good but I epic regret reading that guys spoilers earlier in this thread.
Asrialys

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Looks good but I epic regret reading that guys spoilers earlier in this thread.

Me too. I'm trying to forget...
RestLessone

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:58 pm Reply with quote
luhead wrote:
Lost all interest in watching this after spoiler[finding out the manga ends with Daikichi and Rin getting married. *vomit*]

Wait, seriously? I haven't heard that before...but if so, I'm going to totally be abandoning the manga after the time skip. Then I can stay in my happy, innocent little world.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:01 pm Reply with quote
luhead wrote:

spoiler[ Although that does sound odd, are they really related? But even if they aren't that is still a 24 year difference in age so it's odd either away though. ]
RestLessone

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
luhead wrote:

spoiler[ Although that does sound odd, are they really related? But even if they aren't that is still a 24 year difference in age so it's odd either away though. ]

spoiler[Rin is Daikichi's half-aunt. For me, it's mostly the whole raising-Rin-as-a-daughter thing. I'm clinging to the hope that it's not true...]
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Oh dear God, I just double-checked that spoiler, and it's true, this series is now ruined for me. That... sucks. I've read the first three volumes and it was so great and... ugh, what was the writer thinking? I feel betrayed! Mad
RestLessone

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:10 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
Oh dear God, I just double-checked that spoiler, and it's true, this series is now ruined for me. That... sucks. I've read the first three volumes and it was so great and... ugh, what was the writer thinking? I feel betrayed! Mad

I have a feeling most of the readers probably felt the same. Wonder what it was like to be reading that in the magazine. Especially considering it was the go-to series for spoiler[a plot revolving around raising a child that lacked fanservice and was honest to God clean and cute.]
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

spoiler[The issue isn't even one of blood relation or age. Unless if your name is Woody Allen, most people find the idea of adopting and raising a child, then marrying that child (whether there's any degree of blood relation or not) when they grow up to be more than a little icky.]
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:19 pm Reply with quote
RestlessOne wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
luhead wrote:

spoiler[Rin is Daikichi's half-aunt. For me, it's mostly the whole raising-Rin-as-a-daughter thing. I'm clinging to the hope that it's not true...]

spoiler[ So it is true. Well I did some research and it truly is true. With all due respect and I truly mean no offense to anyone, that is slightly creepy. I mean he took her as a kid and raised her as if she was his daughter, only to marry her once she is legally a adult? Let's not also forget that Daikichi is 24 years older than her and old enough to be her Dad as well.]

I just wonder, how can a show that at the beginning looks pretty normal and semi unique turn to be like the ending to the manga?

Well I guess it's like Shadow star Narutaro, only in the aspect that more meets the eye than just a nice relative raising a kid by himself so she can have a normal childhood. Or something like that.

I can't say I really expected this anime to go that way in the least though. Not based off the description and image.
Kenotic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Bunny Drop (But Were Afraid to Ask)?

Crap. I'm still looking forward to the anime, but I might end up treating the manga like I did Heroes or The Matrix -- an awesome story that ended after the first part.
gerbilx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:00 am Reply with quote
If you actually read it, it's handled surprisingly well, and if you think about it, brings a circular conclusion to the story. Think of Rin's mother, the care-taker.

Anyway, who knows if the anime will keep the same ending.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3