• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira's 'Magical Girl' Promo Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GracieMarie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:57 pm Reply with quote
~Kawaii~ Anime catgrin
dxprog

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Kawaii, yes.... until spoiler[some one has to rip their own fingernails out]...
Attemptingreason

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:43 pm Reply with quote
I haven't seen a hint of anything ominous from the content put out so far and the OP/ED are especially worrying. I didn't like the show for being moe, I liked it for (among other things) contrasting moe fun with shocking scenes of horrifying violence. It was bad enough that two of five of the Rei episodes where fluffy fanservice. I don't want Kira to be entirely moe nonsense Confused
JuicyB

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Attemptingreason wrote:
I haven't seen a hint of anything ominous from the content put out so far and the OP/ED are especially worrying. I didn't like the show for being moe, I liked it for (among other things) contrasting moe fun with shocking scenes of horrifying violence. It was bad enough that two of five of the Rei episodes where fluffy fanservice. I don't want Kira to be entirely moe nonsense Confused

I can see what you mean, I liked Higurashi for being mindfuck and playing with all the silly moe and harem tropes not for embodying them. Then again I like the characters enough nowadays that I could probably watch something like this and enjoy it. Maybe I'm just a bigger weeaboo now than I used to be. Rolling Eyes
peachsncreamsoda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Ditto.
But since all the stuff that has been put out so far, has been kinda-in-a-way-pretty misleading d'you think they'll put anything out that does have the famous crazy ass mindf***ing violence that I think it's pretty much famous for.
I know when I first watched the first one/s, I'd no clue what it was about. And natually got pretty surpised. I wonder though, if it'll be more violent than before... Call me weak but it was hard enough to watch the last ones. So i'd like to have some kinda idea about how bad it'll be this 'round.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:36 pm Reply with quote
eh the mystery is over unless deen wants to animate the other 3 arcs from the ds games i don't really see a problem with this. Higurashi was always moe~ and a little fan service but still a good show. To be honest I am happy to see the characters enjoying their lives instead of being ma named or killed but then again.. my taste have change changed as well... eh maybe it's just because I am such a fan boy and i want to see rika happy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Splitter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:41 pm Reply with quote
I HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG'd so hard I kyun'd.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Geneon...

That right there is why Funimation won't be bringing this to the light of day in the states anytime soon--or is it!?

They clearly announced LAST YEAR that they would be producing dubs for the new Hellsing and Black Lagoon (also Geneon), but so far NOTHING'S come of that--only Trigun: Badlands Rumble!
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Geneon...

That right there is why Funimation won't be bringing this to the light of day in the states anytime soon--or is it!?

They clearly announced LAST YEAR that they would be producing dubs for the new Hellsing and Black Lagoon (also Geneon), but so far NOTHING'S come of that--only Trigun: Badlands Rumble!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1