• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New ADV Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeHeretic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm really looking forward to Yotsubato and Cromatie High.
biliano*

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:16 pm Reply with quote
I'm really looking forward to Maburaho and Full Metal Panic: Overload as well as Yotsubato. This might mean that ADV will probably (hopefully) release the Maburaho anime next fall.
The Xenos

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:48 pm Reply with quote
As muchas as I usually go for the ultra violent stuff like Berserk, Blame! and Gantz, there's something about Yotsubato that I really like. Gonna have to pick that up. I like it a lot better than Azumanga Diaoh.

Of course, I can only hope the Azuma Kiyohiko and Masamune Shirow crossover Yotsubatou will come over too. Heh heh.

-Xenos
icepick314

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:05 pm Reply with quote
man....need more money for manga....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
AnimeHeretic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:10 pm Reply with quote
The Xenos wrote:
Of course, I can only hope the Azuma Kiyohiko and Masamune Shirow crossover Yotsubatou will come over too. Heh heh.

-Xenos

Oh my God, my eyes are melting!
cyrax777

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:23 am Reply with quote
I just want Elfen Lied the manga is so much more fubar then the anime Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:19 am Reply with quote
but you're talking ADV. ADV's manga schedule is horrible. They're still very haphazard. Your & My Secret is fun & everyone I know wants to see Vol 2(considering Vol 1 cam out something like August). They put out 3 related Demon City titles over a year ago & announced they were abandoning the longer of the 3 at Vol 2, but now I see Demon City Hunter Vol 3 has a scheduled release date.
I also find their manga a bit flat. I can't believe it's the original manga as much as the translators/script-writers because Viz & Tokyopop overall have very good titles. STeel Angel & Louie the Rune Soldier are good, but the others can lack sparkle.
Tenseiga323

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:30 pm Reply with quote
The problem is not their schedule is horrible but the series they license.Just look at the Comic Blade Website http://www.mag-garden.co.jp/comic-blade/comics.htm
Your & My Secret Vol 2 is out(or just out since I have no idea when its out since the site didn't list it) and they have no list or any info when the third will be out.I think they license too many series that only have 1 or 2 volume out.

Ok this is a different topic but I heard from other poeple that Eidron Shadow is Yuri title.Can anyone confirm this? Twisted Evil
rage-demon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Well this answers my question as to whether or not Full Metal Panic: Overload was a real manga or not. Now let's hope that Amazon.com is accurate in the releases (as they often times are not.)

The news as to ADV having Orphen is also a plesent surprise since i recently got into the anime. *sigh* I already buy too much manga, but now i gotta by even more. T.T (He says like he doesn't already brag about how much manga he owns). Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
KawaiiKitty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:23 pm Reply with quote
AnimeHeretic wrote:
The Xenos wrote:

-Xenos

Oh my God, my eyes are melting!

o.O Interesting...

Anyways, can't wait for Yotsubato!...Although I still like Azumanga better.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1