• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 1st 2011 Pokémon Film's English-Dubbed Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malvarez1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:00 pm Reply with quote
The ending of the trailer was epic. The beginning was meh.
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:16 pm Reply with quote
So, no black trailer?
Divineking

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:23 pm Reply with quote
That has to be the most generic sounding narration I;ve ever heard. Someone needs to fire that guy.
kakoishii

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:26 pm Reply with quote
meh, I haven't actively watched pokemon in like 7yrs so this doesn't do anything for me. But I did have a laugh at how the main cast is denoted as Ash and others, lol. Guess they finally retired the Brock character. His schtick was getting old anyhow...
Primus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
So, no black trailer?

Nintendo, and Cinedigm said they'll talk about Pokemon the Movie Black - Victini and Reshiram soon.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:46 am Reply with quote
kakoishii wrote:
meh, I haven't actively watched pokemon in like 7yrs so this doesn't do anything for me.

I know a lot of young people here still play the games but haven't kept up with the TV series in a long while too (partly because the show to them by now is same-old same-old).
Katsu Koneko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:18 am Reply with quote
And finally the the trailer appeared-- though the narrator just... made me facepalm. Of course they had to get the generic narrator voice.

The movie does look epic, but... the Japanese trailers made me anticipate this movie (and more emotional) more than this does... I'm sorry. >>
NYkata
Banned User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:03 am Reply with quote
Katsu Koneko wrote:
The movie does look epic, but... the Japanese trailers made me anticipate this movie (and more emotional) more than this does... I'm sorry. >>
uh, who are u apologizing to?
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:35 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
kakoishii wrote:
meh, I haven't actively watched pokemon in like 7yrs so this doesn't do anything for me.

I know a lot of young people here still play the games but haven't kept up with the TV series in a long while too (partly because the show to them by now is same-old same-old).

Well I've been in touch with both the game and the TV series since day one , and I am 28.

It proves you dont need to be young to love pokemon.

though what I am really hoping for is that their release the series UNCUT ( A.K.A using the orignal japaneese script, original Opening & and Ending,etc )

Though what would make the english TV series jump is the return of Veronica Taylor as Satoshi . Not to mentioned releasing the infamous so called banned epsiodes to the US Now that would really turn some heads.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TitanXL

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:42 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Though what I am really hoping for is that their release the series UNCUT ( A.K.A using the orignal japaneese script, original Opening & and Ending,etc )

Though what would make the english TV series jump is the return of Veronica Taylor as Satoshi . Not to mentioned releasing the infamous so called banned epsiodes to the US Now that would really turn some heads.

An uncut release would be awesome, but the problem with shows like Pocket Monsters, Yu-Gi-Oh, and other game/toy based shows is it's not just 4Kids fault the show is the way it is.. it's Nintendo of America and Konami of America as well. They decide a lot of the English names and decisions to rename everything. So even if Funi got the licensed and wanted to redub it, chances are they'd be forced to use the already altered names to fit with the games/card game/etc by Nintendo of America.

Shame. Though really in this digital age, it's incredibly easy to watch the Japanese versions if you so desire (like I do), but that means no home release. Though they wouldn't release the Polygon episode anyway, that episode is banned even in Japan.

Speaking of which. Are they really just now releasing the Zoroark movie here (judging by the side ads)? While we're like 50 episodes into Best Wishes? Kinda late... especially since we already have the English trailer for the first Best Wishes movie.

I wonder if they ever released the Diamond & Pearl OVAs here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1