• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NY Anime Fest to Host U.S. Premieres of Guilty Crown, Fate/Zero

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
opn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:58 pm Reply with quote
it seems like funi dropped the ball with fate/zero which is sad since i was hoping they were the ones that would be handeling it...but maybe in a very slim chance aniplex is just screening it but arent the ones simulcasting it...which i find really unlikely. guilty crown isnt a surprise but as long as we get a simulcast i dont care who gets it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:58 pm Reply with quote
That's crazy. EVEN GUILTY CROWN at NY anime Fest!? first Fairy Tail now this. how much epic can this get, I hope to god Funimation licenses it.
tenebrusmke79

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:40 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
it seems like funi dropped the ball with fate/zero which is sad since i was hoping they were the ones that would be handeling it...but maybe in a very slim chance aniplex is just screening it but arent the ones simulcasting it.
How is this Funimation's fault? There was no confirmation that they'd be getting it at all, that was just your assumption. Aniplex had a hand in the production of Fate/Zero, so I had always presumed that they'll be getting the series for either simulcast or license. Just because Funimation has Fate/Stay Night, doesn't mean that they'll be getting Fate/Zero. You really should stop with the whole "doom and gloom" attitude.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Animerican14

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:50 pm Reply with quote
You know, after Madoka Magica, I'm about ready to try anything that has had significant involvement from Urobuchi. So Fate/Zero seems something that I ought to watch out for. The thing is, though... I really don't know anything about the franchise. I guess that I better watch Fate/Stay Night first if I really want to appreciate it...?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
opn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:54 pm Reply with quote
tenebrusmke79 wrote:
opn wrote:
it seems like funi dropped the ball with fate/zero which is sad since i was hoping they were the ones that would be handeling it...but maybe in a very slim chance aniplex is just screening it but arent the ones simulcasting it.
How is this Funimation's fault? There was no confirmation that they'd be getting it at all, that was just your assumption. Aniplex had a hand in the production of Fate/Zero, so I had always presumed that they'll be getting the series for either simulcast or license. Just because Funimation has Fate/Stay Night, doesn't mean that they'll be getting Fate/Zero. You really should stop with the whole "doom and gloom" attitude.

i was just assuming they would get fate/zero due too having fate/stay night and it would make sence to license the prequel but they dont have the unlimited blade works film so i should of seen aniplex getting it more likely either way im just glad theres a chance of getting a simulcast even though urobuchi said their would be one. as for the gloom and doom atitude i apologize i was just disappointed since i enjoyed the fate/zero dub and was hoping if funi got it they would get some of the original cast back.
@american14 well it depends how you see it since fate/zero is meant too be a prequel of fate/stay night so you can see it without seeing fate/stay night but if you want too know a little more about whats going on then i would recommend seeing fate/stay night before fate/zero but its not mandetory since its a prequel.
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Animerican14 wrote:
You know, after Madoka Magica, I'm about ready to try anything that has had significant involvement from Urobuchi. So Fate/Zero seems something that I ought to watch out for. The thing is, though... I really don't know anything about the franchise. I guess that I better watch Fate/Stay Night first if I really want to appreciate it...?

Fate/Zero is a prequel so you can watch it alone if you want. Of course you'll be at a small loss in not knowing the relationship between the Zero characters based on how characters are related in Stay Night, but the same can be said for the other way around. I fully intend to watch Fate/Stay Night again after Zero finishes.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Oneeyedjacks

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:33 pm Reply with quote
I wonder, will this be like Star Driver where we get a US premiere but then no simulcast?
GWOtaku

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Oneeyedjacks wrote:
I wonder, will this be like Star Driver where we get a US premiere but then no simulcast?

Well, thing is, there is a difference between the two situations in that the NYCC listing for the premiere event advertises a currently-inactive fatezerousa.com. So with any luck, the situation is similar to Blue Exorcist instead.
Herp n Derp

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Fate/zero has much, much more in common with Kara no Kyoukai than F/SN in production terms, and given how the KnK LE blurays sold, Aniplex certainly weren't going to let this go.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1