• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Madoka Magica's Kyōko Featured on Guide Dog Poster

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cloud668

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Well, suddenly Kyouko got turned blind. That aside, I'm surprised there's only 1067 active guide dogs in the country. I'm not sure how many blind people there are in Japan, but it would seem that number is rather disproportioned.
sailorsean

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Why is this such a good-looking poster? I want it.
Rei Sentoki

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The staff of Madoka Magica emphasized that the poster was produced to be displayed in schools (and some other public institutions), and cautioned individuals against calling or emailing about the poster.

Here's an idea, sell a print run of them and donate the money to the service dog group.
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Rei Sentoki wrote:
Quote:
The staff of Madoka Magica emphasized that the poster was produced to be displayed in schools (and some other public institutions), and cautioned individuals against calling or emailing about the poster.

Here's an idea, sell a print run of them and donate the money to the service dog group.

Nah, thats a stupid idea!! Who would ever think such an idea will work!!
einhorn303

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Cloud668 wrote:
Well, suddenly Kyouko got turned blind. That aside, I'm surprised there's only 1067 active guide dogs in the country. I'm not sure how many blind people there are in Japan, but it would seem that number is rather disproportioned.

The point is that she's training the dog to be a seeing eye dog, as the article says:

Quote:
The poster promotes the volunteer "happy walkers" who, in their own homes, raise guide dogs from three months after birth to the dogs' first birthdays. This year's poster feature Kyōko as a "happy walker" walking a guide dog candidate Merō in a park in the morning.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Cloud668 wrote:

Japan is not really known for its disabled accessibility standards. Laughing
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Does she attack other trainers and tell them they don't deserve their dogs? Just wondering.

That aside, Madoka anything in elementary schools just sounds wrong.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Juhachi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:56 pm Reply with quote
That dog is looking right at her Pocky. This won't end well.
Ringking

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Guarantee these disappear as soon as they put them on the walls.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:22 pm Reply with quote
They are idiots if they think fans won't pull them off the walls, or even better the students at the school will put them up on Ebay.
Cryssoberyl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The poster promotes the volunteer "happy walkers" who, in their own homes, raise guide dogs from three months after birth to the dogs' first birthdays. This year's poster feature Kyōko as a "happy walker" walking a guide dog candidate Merō in a park in the morning.

It's a cute poster, but I guess they forgot that Kyouko is homeless...?
Animerican14

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Even though she's technically "homeless", I think it makes some degree of sense for her to be a happy walker. She's one of the most active and outgoing girls of the show, after all. Laughing I think that she deserves some much needed attention in the spotlight as well. To my knowledge, she's been comparatively neglected as far as official art and merchandise is concerned for the series (maybe her not being one of the "starter" mahou shoujo hurt her chances...?), so it's pretty awesome for her to have the spotlight focused on her and her alone (plus a dog) this time around.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rime of the Ancient Otaku

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Cryssoberyl wrote:
Quote:

It's a cute poster, but I guess they forgot that Kyouko is homeless...?

For all we know, she could be using Homura or Mami's place as place-of-residence for the nine months of the program...

Honestly, Kyouko a resourceful Magic Girl with a lot of time on her hands: she makes an excellent "poster child" for the program.
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:29 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
They are idiots if they think fans won't pull them off the walls, or even better the students at the school will put them up on Ebay.

Admit it, you found ways to make some extra cash in school.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:05 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:

That's why ya slash the posters. Laughing

That's what we used to do with popular band concert posters in school that we know people would heist. We'd put up the poster on the wall, then give a quick slash or two, right across. Then it would be worthless to anyone, except as a poster.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2