• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: AKB48 Idol Group Gets 1st Anime on Air Next Spring (Updated)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:49 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if this is going to be like Idolmaster Xenoglossia with Kawamori involved.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Well, we now know what the top selling spring anime will be.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Well, we now know what the top selling spring anime will be.

You forgot Fate/Zero season 2...

Anyways, Kawamori is high again? Maybe?
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:18 pm Reply with quote
And here i was expecting that he would be working on a Macross project since next year is the series's 30th anniversary. Instead, he's working on this ??
Joichiro Nishi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Majin Tenshi wrote:
And here i was expecting that he would be working on a Macross project since next year is the series's 30th anniversary. Instead, he's working on this ??

After the crapfest that was Moecross Frontier, I wish Kawamori leave it alone.

About the AKB48 animu, it was mean to be. Young girls acting like retards for pandering toward misogynistic nerds unable to relate to women in a healthy way? Lonely men buying tons of merchandise as a way to show their love to his virtual girlfriend? Virgins, virgins everywhere? That sounds exactly like most animes nowadays.
InsaneLampshade

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Joichiro Nishi wrote:
About the AKB48 animu, it was mean to be. Young girls acting like retards for pandering toward misogynistic nerds unable to relate to women in a healthy way? Lonely men buying tons of merchandise as a way to show their love to his virtual girlfriend? Virgins, virgins everywhere? That sounds exactly like most animes nowadays.

This.

However I wonder how many people remember the first AKB anime... ICE?
anime#7528
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E6e2XiULCA

...it was pretty off the wall (and not very good... nice theme tune though). One questioned whether Aki P had been on some heavy drugs before coming up with it.

Though this new anime is obviously just going to be an idolmaster clone of sorts, voiced by AKB members.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Epic lame; I thouht this was going to be an anime of the manga, where the guy dresses up as one of the chicks to help out the girl he likes to make the group; otherwise its just xenoglossia.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:08 pm Reply with quote
epic lame. they'll make anime out of ANYTHING these days
reanimator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Why this reminds me of two Saturday morning cartoons starring New Kids on the Block and MC Hammer in 80's?
configspace

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:42 am Reply with quote
Except for me, I guess the people who will be watching it aren't posting here Laughing

I'd watch anyways, but the high caliber staff (writer, designer, director) has definitely gotten my expectations up.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:19 am Reply with quote
Since when can't Kawamori work on this and a Macross project at the same time?
TJR

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:24 am Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:

His company is a sinking ship. While I'm sure Kawamori has other aims as a creator, saving Satelight may also be something he has in mind (assuming that they've directly invested in the production and are entitled to a share of the profits. They've usually done this on their higher profile projects, most of which flopped).
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:40 am Reply with quote
Just watch girl/boy band-based shows on TV. Laughing
TakCWAL

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:24 pm Reply with quote
TJR wrote:
His company is a sinking ship. While I'm sure Kawamori has other aims as a creator, saving Satelight may also be something he has in mind (assuming that they've directly invested in the production and are entitled to a share of the profits. They've usually done this on their higher profile projects, most of which flopped).

Would you kindly inform me and everyone else where you acquired the impression that his company is a sinking ship, and if you have any facts to support it?

On the other hand, a project involving idols from Kawamori (and Macross) is not at all news, the last being Macross VF-X, where the story revolves partially around rescuing a very popular idol group called: Milky Dolls.

- Tak
soul.assassin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Joichiro Nishi wrote:
Majin Tenshi wrote:

After the crapfest that was Moecross Frontier, I wish Kawamori leave it alone.

Hey, hey, you railed on MF, then before you spat on Eva... and since you couldn't stand both of them, go back to K-On where you're comfortable at.

Sorry. Up yours. Mad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2