• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
If life were more like anime...

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
charles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:17 am Reply with quote
What if life was like Anime? that would be cool! And there would be endless things u could do. I have to stop now. I got to into it.
Charles
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:26 am Reply with quote
charles wrote:
What if life was like Anime? that would be cool! And there would be endless things u could do. I have to stop now. I got to into it.
Charles

What would you (not u) do?
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:51 pm Reply with quote
If life were like anime....

...i'd be a teen loser with a secret family history that made me heir to enormous magical power, which I nevertheless never actually used. I'd get up every morning after having been awakened in my own room by my scantily-clad and very hot neighbour and childhood friend, who would have climbed in through the window, and who would moments later violently assault me for the crime of having once again glimpsed her panties.

Getting up, I'd slog to school, where my sex-fiend of a female teacher would insinuate her carnal intentions towards me in very thinly veiled sexual innuendo. Later, class would be interrupted, and I would be dragged off by military men who would take me to a secret base and place me inside a giant mecha - with no training and no clue as to how to operate it. Nevertheless, I would of course do as the badly-written script dictated and pilot the mecha as if born to the task.

Later, I'd near-destroy the world repeatedly (using my mecha or my magic powers) before returning to school and participating in a cultural festival or a cookery contest.

Going home, I'd encounter a near-terminally cute creature of indeterminate species, which would be capable of carrying on a conversation with me in a squeaky voice, but which would end all sentences with a nonsense expression such as "-piko" or "-mepu". The creature would follow me home, and I'd try to get some sleep before getting up to a new day of more of the same. Naturally, sleep would come only after I'd exorcised the ghost of a young girl who had died in the house, and who had fallen in love with me.

- abunai

{EDIT: Typo. Dang, that uses up my quota for this year. Oh well, at least I know how to spell "you".}

Last edited by abunai on Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:44 am Reply with quote
I don't think I'd like that. Life would be too chaotic with those blasted aliens invading all the time and mechs everywhere destroying my neiborhood, not to mention you wouldn't be able to go anywhere without having to battle your rival with your chosen weapon, or super-natural abillity.

On the other hand there could be a few advantages like scantily clad, beautiful and inteligent women, with exagerated measurements, who are crazy about me for no discernable reason. Collecting a team of friends and former enenimies as I trevel around would be good too, and I always did enjoy a good martial-arts tournament. Wouldn't mind cruising around in outer space either.
Nani?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:55 am Reply with quote
If life were more like anime the world population would be smaller, considering all the little girls turned into ultimate weapons, second and third impacts, not to mention alien or demonic invasions, or even nature itself rebelling.
But hey, there would still be cute girls around interested in nerds for no discernable reason. Also, plenty of Japanese teenagers to keep things safe.
I'd just go and become a Buddhist monk on Mt Koya.......until I got summoned to Tokyo and died protecting a really cute shrine maiden from Ise after being useful to some guy with a full symphony orchestra following him around.

All the Best,

Nani?

P.S. They would make me sound like a Texan in the English dub.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Nani? wrote:

And what would you sound like in the French dub?
Yeesh. *shudder* Best not to dwell on it...

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nani?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:20 pm Reply with quote
abunai wrote:
Nani? wrote:

And what would you sound like in the French dub?
Yeesh. *shudder* Best not to dwell on it...

- abunai

Oops, I ment to say not give me a Texas accent. But it's funnier the way I said it originally.

All the Best,

Nani?
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:54 pm Reply with quote
I have only one thing to say:

あなたの根拠地すべては私達に属するある。

- abunai

P.S.: Before you say it... yes, it's clumsy Japanese, and bad grammar. This is deliberate - it's meant to emulate the original's clumsy Engrish.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:26 pm Reply with quote
AKOrtega wrote:
Not to mention every guy would be living in a house full of women that are either all in love with him.

Except it would have to be a hentai world where the guy actually gets laid on a regular basis.

Well, if you are going to suggest it, I figure you should make the most of it. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:51 am Reply with quote
Quote:

Since I'm from Minnesota I'd probabally sound like the people in the film Fargo, which I don't and neither does anyone else around my area for that matter. Confused
philg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:05 am Reply with quote
What a great topic! I would use the temptation-jutsu and stare at myself in the mirror all day... just joking. Go to Hinata Inn and live there forever and ever.... I would never age, I might walk around Japan being a Ronin for a while killing all the gangs ruling the small villages...then when I get bored of that I'd just hang around in 'The World' for a while getting my character up to super levels!!! I'd be living in a triple world.... OH! the possibilities!
Twilight Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Like benbboy said about the future stuff. Its true. Like maby soon enought people can become Cyborges.
kamiboy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:19 pm Reply with quote
I recently wrote what I would like to do in a anime world, right here.

If the world doesn't turn out all Eva then I do have one other thing I would like to try out. I would like to be like one of those super baddie anime characters whom I like and admire so damn much. You know, the ones who are either immensely powerful themselves or have a immensely powerful army behind them. They are often found either cold heartedly slaughtering everybody and their cat or trying to destroy the world for rather stupid reasons. Their excuse, if it indeed can be called that, is often something like: "I wanted to be King instead of my little brother but daddy said no", or even better: "There are too many useless people in the world".

Knowing myself I'd prolly destroy the world in hopes that it would somehow get me laid with AR, but I'm still not sure how that would work out. Maybe I would be trying to impress her with how many people I can mercilessly kill or have killed in my name, which must be something cool and evil sounding; something starting with “Z” or “V” and the prefix “Lord”. In anime all the cool chicks always either go for the nerdiest guy or the one who can kill the most people, I want to take the road less travelled.
kainzero

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Everyone would have bloody and dirty faces, because henever someone doesn't get a joke or an automatic reference, they'd fall on their face.

All the girls I would meet would have this problem that they had from when they were 5 years old or some other timeframe from long ago, and nothing has been done to alleviate it until I first met them, and I would fix this problem for them. If it were hentai, I would fix it by having sex with them.

When everyone is first born, they have a huge head with huge eyes and a tiny nose and mouth. However, once they get into their 40s, their eyes become normal looking, and as they get even older, their eyes just become tiny slits. There are a few rare exceptions that don't have huge eyes at first though.

All the Japanese women will be more well endowed than they are in real life.

Nice guys are suddenly appreciated like no other, no matter how nerdy they are.

After you die, there's this nice preview of what's going to happen in your next life complete with funny voiceovers =P
Shadow Lord

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:33 pm Reply with quote
If life were more like anime, I would love to have the reflexes and strength of the Ranma 1/2 characters! Just think how cool it would be to jump on to rooftops and be able to jump and do flips!
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3