• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam Seed HD Remaster Slated for December

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:04 am Reply with quote
ah yes the true heir of gundam series of 2000s generation era & truly the main of this generation the GS series is back.

indeed 10th year special next year what kick-off with going HD indeed this will show the younger newer generation anime fans to see era of GS to that it was one of best of our era.

yet with this maybe more to come from era of GS include the movie of GS still owe us til now.

overall indeed GS era is back.
heavyarms1138

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:13 am Reply with quote
Is this going to be an official release for the US?
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:01 am Reply with quote
love seed. Can't wait for the HD remaster.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:34 am Reply with quote
Ooooooooooooooooo....................... 2 whole minutes of bonus extras!
Strike Freedom Meister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:10 am Reply with quote
I really did like Gundam SEED. I didn't care as much for Destiny. However, SEED was the original Mobile Suit Gundam reimagined. I dislike how some people really bashed GS. Hopefully, like Star Trek & the original Mobile Suit Gundam, SEED will be remembered fondly over time. I hope the HD remasters make it to the states. I would definitely pick them up at a reasonable price. I just wish all of Gundam would make it to iTunes, Netflix, Hulu, & other digital services for streaming & downloads.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:14 am Reply with quote
SEED was one of the highest selling TV anime ever. Needless to say, I'm curious to see how these remastered BD sets will sell.
KLAC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:57 am Reply with quote
well give it indeed bring back those who were re-invent by GS era to show the era of GS still got it.

& yet really show the newer generation anime fans & everyone give this one of MAIN animes of 2000s era.

besides wonder will also be same thing for dub version as well?
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:02 am Reply with quote
I doubt we'll get an R1 release. We have yet to get the Blu-Rays of any series yet so I wouldn't hold my breath.

KLAC:
I didn't like SEED. For the most part, it was a copy and paste of 0079 with melodrama thrown. Heck, I had nothing against the romances in series however some of them seemed forced. Take the Kira and Fllay to Kira and Lacus with absolutely no build up whatsoever.

Though the one thing SEED did right was mecha designs. Grunts were awesome, Gundams were awesome and Battleships were awesome. The only gripe I had with mechanics was how they treated the Freedom's railguns as beam weapons. However; I had nothing against Gundam being reverted to an Operating System in SEED. If anything, that was my favorite part. Acronyms, Acronyms everywhere!

Let's just hope there's new animation instead of Stock Footage.
KLAC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:17 am Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
I doubt we'll get an R1 release. We have yet to get the Blu-Rays of any series yet so I wouldn't hold my breath.

KLAC:
I didn't like SEED. For the most part, it was a copy and paste of 0079 with melodrama thrown. Heck, I had nothing against the romances in series however some of them seemed forced. Take the Kira and Fllay to Kira and Lacus with absolutely no build up whatsoever.

Though the one thing SEED did right was mecha designs. Grunts were awesome, Gundams were awesome and Battleships were awesome. The only gripe I had with mechanics was how they treated the Freedom's railguns as beam weapons. However; I had nothing against Gundam being reverted to an Operating System in SEED. If anything, that was my favorite part. Acronyms, Acronyms everywhere!

how dare yee say something like really this is one of my personal series especially the GS era was reason got me into anime world & without GS era i would have no idea to do in my life.

but GS era show me it yet changed me yet give me something to do in my life.

so really why don't watch it all to more closely to see era of GS.

& for one thing indeed welcome back GS era!!!

this is series one really indeed the favorite of our generation in 2000s era even yet the one series that is favorite & one we love the most.

indeed our favorite the GS era is back indeed road to 10th year of GS is on.

give odd twist 1st ep of GS was on oct 5 2002.

& yet will we see GS movie for 10th year or yet maybe a 3rd GS series?
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:17 pm Reply with quote
This better not make it to the US before the older series. Finish the other series on DVD and then bring this over.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Id really like to see a seed 3 or movie, especially to get that bad taste of destiny out of everyone's mouth.

Seed is by far my favorite Gundam, and one of my top fav animes of all time; and paradoxically Destiny is by far imo the worst Gundam, maybe worst mech, and maybe one of the worst shows period of all time.
pajmo9

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:59 pm Reply with quote
If this does well maybe they will remaster Destiny next.

Even if these get english subs or the english dub it's still to expensive for me to buy. My only option is if these get a cheaper US release and given the fact that SEED seems to be one of the most blatantly hated animes out there the possibility of that happening is pretty slim.

Lynx Amali wrote:

KLAC:

The only real problem I personally had was that it felt like Kira and Lacus Were replaced with robots that had preprogrammed lines that they spouted in the second half of the series. Thats something I felt they corrected in GSD though.
heavyarms1138

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:14 pm Reply with quote
I don't understand Bandai. Why would they only release the Blu Rays in japan and not in the US where the fanbase is WAY bigger.Hopefully we see a simultaneous R1 release, being the 10th anniversary and all.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:30 pm Reply with quote
heavyarms1138 wrote:
I don't understand Bandai. Why would they only release the Blu Rays in japan and not in the US where the fanbase is WAY bigger..

Gundam SEED sold 70,000+ copies per volume on DVD in Japan. It was one of the most profitable series ever.

You have absolutely no idea, do you?
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
heavyarms1138 wrote:
I don't understand Bandai. Why would they only release the Blu Rays in japan and not in the US where the fanbase is WAY bigger..

Gundam SEED sold 70,000+ copies per volume on DVD in Japan. It was one of the most profitable series ever.

You have absolutely no idea, do you?

I will also point out that the only Gundam series to be a major success in America was Gundam Wing in 2000. G Gundam was the last gundam series to actually sold well and that was in 2002.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2