• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Boys-Love Manga Awkward Silence Returns in Japan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:49 am Reply with quote
OMG THIS NEEDS TO BE RELEASED IN BOOK FORM.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:52 am Reply with quote
Too bad, though, that it is cliché art and cliché roles for main characters.
Peebs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:49 am Reply with quote
I checked JManga and Bukiyo na Silent is not available for purchase. The buttons to preview or to buy both volumes are greyed out. You can try getting it for the Kindle, but in my experience manga suffers when read on the Kindle. The images are smaller than the screen size and tiny print can be hard to read when zooming in.
lebrel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:35 pm Reply with quote
As Peebs noted, the JManga listings are listings only, the manga is not available. Furthermore, the Animate Kindle release was the Japanese edition only. No English edition of the series has been (legally) released to date.
gorbal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:44 pm Reply with quote
MaxSouth wrote:
Too bad, though, that it is cliché art and cliché roles for main characters.

I personally find the art to be rather emotionally expressive and the story to be rather original and non-cliche'd. I would suggest people take a look for themselves, this is one of the best bl series out there.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:07 pm Reply with quote
I mean the picture used for this news is self-explanatory: the art is the same as usual, and you can immediately grasp who is "man" and "woman" in this story -- rules of the genre, alas.
rinmackie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:49 pm Reply with quote
MaxSouth wrote:
I mean the picture used for this news is self-explanatory: the art is the same as usual, and you can immediately grasp who is "man" and "woman" in this story -- rules of the genre, alas.

Or you could just stop judging a book by it's cover and actually, you know, read it. But I can tell you're only trolling and just posted to let everyone know how much you hate this genre.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:52 pm Reply with quote
I do not hate this genre, I am not trolling, and you definitely can not deny that my statement is correct. The art besides the cover is exactly the same as on the cover, and the roles are set as the cover suggests. But you try to stir an argument here, trying to confront this undeniable observation with going off-topic to discuss me, rather than the title -- so the troll here is you.
rinmackie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:49 pm Reply with quote
MaxSouth wrote:
I do not hate this genre, I am not trolling, and you definitely can not deny that my statement is correct. The art besides the cover is exactly the same as on the cover, and the roles are set as the cover suggests. But you try to stir an argument here, trying to confront this undeniable observation with going off-topic to discuss me, rather than the title -- so the troll here is you.

Well, you're the only one here making negative comments and I seem to remember you making similar remarks whenever this genre is reviewed. Besides, your criticism doesn't seem very constructive and you don't appear to have actually read the book, just making an observation based on artwork.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:23 am Reply with quote
My criticism is correct, it is on the point. I wish they could move off of these two cliche "musts" of the genre.

Also, I am not sure what you mean by "constructive criticism". This concept could be only applicable to stages of the work (long) before graphic novel (manga, so on) is finalized and published, so author would be able to make accommodations -- if the criticism is constructive, id est could make work better, artistically or plot-wise stronger.

After work released as it is, any criticism has the same level of constructiveness -- zero. Nothing can be corrected already.

And questioning about how much of this novel I read does not constitute any counter-argument to the point I made, the essence of it. It is just switching subjects to discuss me, rather than the title itself.

So, basically, there is no reason why I all of sudden had to be confronted by you.
poonk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:51 am Reply with quote
MaxSouth wrote:
My criticism is correct, it is on the point. I wish they could move off of these two cliche "musts" of the genre.
Complaining about how the illustrations of the cover "matches" the contents vs. other titles by the same mangaka? So ****ing what. That's what I call "mangaka style." Work harder when you feel like trolling, please... Rolling Eyes You don't like BL and no one cares.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:24 am Reply with quote
I never complained about cover and the inside of novel matching each other. An opponent made a point that you can not say the phrase "Too bad, though, that it is cliché art and cliché roles for main characters" because the inside of this work could be different. However, I pointed that the inside (obviously) is not any different than the cover suggests, so my original comment is correct.

My comment was one sentence. It is not hard to comprehend, and there is nothing to argue about unless you want to troll.
poonk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:36 am Reply with quote
MaxSouth wrote:
you definitely can not deny that my statement is correct. The art besides the cover is exactly the same as on the cover
If this isn't about the art being in mangaka's general style then I've definitely misunderstood you. Kindly explain, then?
MaxSouth wrote:
I never complained about cover and the inside of novel matching each other. An opponent made a point that you can not say the phrase "Too bad, though, that it is cliché art and cliché roles for main characters" because the inside of this work could be different. However, I pointed that the inside (obviously) is not any different than the cover suggests, so my original comment is correct.
Oh, I'm sorry. You've read the Japanese version, then?
Quote:
My comment was one sentence. It is not hard to comprehend, and there is nothing to argue about unless you want to troll.
Yes, of course, I, owner of hundreds of BL manga titles, want to troll this topic for sure.

Look, I'm not against criticisim of BL titles. In fact, as someone who often ends up blind-buying them, I welcome others' opinions. But if I've only seen you making snarky comments against the genre, sorry but I'm discounting your opinion. That's just how it is. If you do have some constructive criticism to level at a title though, please do, seriously.

Last edited by poonk on Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:00 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1