• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Anime on YTV

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flipnofunk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:00 pm Reply with quote
im just happy that got this it just shows that they are listening to people responses to new anime

i wondering what is dice can anyone shed some light on this?
final sage of fantas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Dont watch dice it is really stupid and predictible,http://www.diceofficial.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
biolizard_alpha

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:55 pm Reply with quote
It ended up being moved to the dreaded 6AM timeslot on Cartoon Network.
Flipnofunk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:09 pm Reply with quote
so i'll make sure i'll stay a few yard of dice i guess Laughing

anyways i guess .hack is going to be done and replaced with stand alone complex i wonder what '26' episode they're going to replace this
KawaiiKitty

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Yay Smile , although none of these titles really appeal to me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Manga
Jimmy Balls-O-Steel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Flipnofunk wrote:
anyways i guess .hack is going to be done and replaced with stand alone complex i wonder what '26' episode they're going to replace this

Hopefully they'll also get 2nd Gig, as well.

I own all the GitS: SAC DVD's that are out right now, anyways. But news like this is still really cool to hear.
Jeikobu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:31 pm Reply with quote
This means nothing to me really, since I'll rent GitS: SAC and see it in Japanese, and as much as I love Tokyo Mew Mew, I will never watch that disgusting dub. WE NEED UNCUT DVDS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Rolling Eyes *sigh* Here we go again. Need I say it?

I will anyway. How much is it to the benefit of Western Civilization to have a Magical Girl Show--that probably can't even clean the DVD's of the classic shows--released on a series of uncut DVDs?

I won't even dare to actually put things in perspective. That would seem too logical. [/rampant and blatant sardonism]
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:06 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure if licensing Ghost in the Shell it was a wise decision for YTV. Unlike all of the properties they have now, Ghost in the Shell is intended for an adult audience. I hope that it airs after midnight, uncut, with a disclaimer specifically stating that it's for a MATURE audience rather than an older youth audience. However, if they do censor it, in any way at all, they'll essentially be editing an adult title down for what they consider appropriate for a teen audience. In that sense, they'll be no better than CMX with Tenjho Tenge.
Sabakyuu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:23 pm Reply with quote
All the mature anime they're adding to YTV seem to by Bandai...does anyone know if they have an exclusive deal or if it's just a coincedence? Anime hyper
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:34 pm Reply with quote
It's because Bandai is one of the few companies willing to push their big properties in Canada (unlike certain companies with huge titles which will go unmentioned). However, the fact that YTV would license from them a show that isn't really appropriate for their station at all suggests that maybe they're getting a little too close to Bandai and will come to rely on them rather than reaching out to other companies.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:46 pm Reply with quote
This is great! GtiS coming to Canada! Very Happy

But on YTV? Shocked I am starting to worry a bit....

[quote=Pepperidge]I'm not sure if licensing Ghost in the Shell it was a wise decision for YTV. Unlike all of the properties they have now, Ghost in the Shell is intended for an adult audience. I hope that it airs after midnight, uncut, with a disclaimer specifically stating that it's for a MATURE audience rather than an older youth audience. However, if they do censor it, in any way at all, they'll essentially be editing an adult title down for what they consider appropriate for a teen audience. In that sense, they'll be no better than CMX with Tenjho Tenge.[/quote]

That was one of my concerns as well. YTV airs shows that are for kids & teens, & GtiS is moreso for an adult audience.

[quote=Pepperidge]It's because Bandai is one of the few companies willing to push their big properties in Canada (unlike certain companies with huge titles which will go unmentioned). However, the fact that YTV would license from them a show that isn't really appropriate for their station at all suggests that maybe they're getting a little too close to Bandai and will come to rely on them rather than reaching out to other companies.[/quote]

I also agree with you on that. I really want to see more anime from ADV Films & Geneon in Canada. YTV has only aired 3 anime from ADV Films (being Power Stone, Monster Rancher & Medabots) & 1 anime from Geneon (which is Zoids/ZERO). While they were decent series in their own right, they were more childish. They really need to branch out to other liscencing companies, especially the top dogs. Otherwise, we'll be stuck with anime titles from Bandai, ShoPro & all the really small companies that only liscence 1-3 titles ever.

However, there is hope that GtiS won't be edited. YTV has announced that they'll air Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex on Thursdays at 11:30 PM & Fridays at Midnight during their Bionix line-up. (Remember the TV terminology.) If they air it at a late time, chances of it being butchered seem slimmer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1