• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Waiting in the Summer (Ano Natsu de Matteru) (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stinknasty344

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:25 am Reply with quote
Can't say I was expecting that, I was expecting a little more from the spoiler[ Kaito and Ichika romance, but I guess they both didn't know how to go about it.]

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out, I always wish serisou like these would last 24 episodes, but this show has done a good job with the pacing, doesn't look like everything will just be thrown at you in the last two episodes.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:31 am Reply with quote
Been keeping up with this anime and I have to say, the action certainly picked up so a change of pace from the usual romance scene is a good change.

Can't wait for further plot development Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:23 am Reply with quote
Still enjoying this show. Each episode throws out a little plot twist but nothing so ground shaking that it doesn't make sense in the context of the show. Love the characters, love the drama, and I really can't wait to see what comes next. Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Volibear

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

all i can say is i really hope we get a release of this in the UK, cause this is easily a top 5 series for me over the past 12 months.

i'm not sure i was expecting Ichika to spoiler[reveal her identity to everyone, just Kaito since he was the only one who saw the recovery pod and bike thingy], but then again i never watch the next episode preview which may have clarified if that would happen

i also liked the way we get to see how the spoiler[Tanigawa-Tetsuro-Mio triangle resolves itself properly too, it felt important enough to deserve a proper ending rather than and quick conclusion in the final 5 mins of episode 12], which i find happens too often for spoiler[secondary characters relationships in anime in general, regardless of genre]

the final 5 minutes though were by far the best, kinda obvious conclusion since AnoNatsu always ends episodes leaving you thinking about the series and wondering about next week but the best moment was when spoiler[ just as they parted after the first kiss with the view across the water], a really good way to scene something like that, and just after whenspoiler[Remon is on the other side of the lake spying on them, should have expected that from her]
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Man, country life must be boring, where kids have nothing better to do but hang out behind posts and bus stops waiting for heartbroken friends to run by.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:32 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Romantic kiss is romantic.] too many series don't get into actual romance, I wonder how this goes in comparison the scenes in Toradora.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Tanigawa gets props from me. I don't think I have ever seen an anime where a member of a love triangle actually convinces their rival to ask out the person they are both in love with just because their love is mutual.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Now, I'm curious if Kanna will feel something for Tetsuro after the recent events. Well, even if she did now, it might be too late considering the recent events between him and Mio.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:53 pm Reply with quote
For a fan of Please Teacher the most intriguing line came from Remon: spoiler["That's right, move. Don't Stop. Move Forward."]

Just a shout out to the previous series or is there actually a corresponding plot point to that aspect of the first show?

If you don't know the previous series, spoiler[Kei (analogous role to Kaito) and Ichigo (analogous role to Remon) both suffered from a sickness that "stopped time," although it was Kei that was the one that realized the solution to the problem was to "keep moving forward."]
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Anyone still think Remon is an alien after the recent episode?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Anyone still think Remon is an alien after the recent episode?

I was expecting something to pop up due to her good incite, though she did not seem as surprised about the reveal, I did not see much evidence that she knew much else. But didn't she also try out the cockpit and note that it was not working, could be something there. Perhaps she should just stay as the incitfull meddler, almost believed her bit about the MIB, before I remembered it was Remon.
Volibear

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
For a fan of Please Teacher the most intriguing line came from Remon: spoiler["That's right, move. Don't Stop. Move Forward."]

Just a shout out to the previous series or is there actually a corresponding plot point to that aspect of the first show?

If you don't know the previous series, spoiler[Kei (analogous role to Kaito) and Ichigo (analogous role to Remon) both suffered from a sickness that "stopped time," although it was Kei that was the one that realized the solution to the problem was to "keep moving forward."]
that's been bugging me ever since i watched it, and likewise even before that in ep.8 when spoiler[Remon is talking to Nanami and Nanami says "You're still in high school?", then Remon replies "I'm an eternal 17 year old"]

it's been really bugging me cause it feels like there's something big for the finale happening but thats its VERY subtle, cause i keep seeing and hearing things that might link back to Onegai Teacher but i can't tell if it's just the team messing with the viewers or if its actually meaningful, i'll list 'em and see what you guys think:

1. Remon has a strong resemblance to Ichigo from Onegai Teacher
2. when Remon went up to Ichika in the first episode and declared a friendship
3. Ichika has red hair, like Mizuho from Onegai Teacher
4. Ichika is an alien, like Mizuho
5. Ichika is looking for a lake setting - like the setting of Onegai Teacher (Lake Kizaki was the actual lake in the original 2 series, you can look it up)
6. Remon in ep.8 saying spoiler["I'm an eternal 17 year old"]
7. Remon saying spoiler["That's right, move. Don't Stop. Move Forward."]

-now, from all this it's gotten me thinking that Remon is Ichigo from Onegai Teacher, and that she's for some unknown reason kept repeating high school, her character has been kept so vague throughout the series i can't come up with any reason why that would be. then, when she saw Ichika on her first day she saw a resemblance to Mizuho so befriended her because of it.
-With Ichika's mission to find that place, the fact that Onegai Teacher was set on a very similar sounding location makes me think that Ichika has some connection to Mizuho, by some sort of relation or maybe even her daughter? (i don't know the time difference between the series, so i'm doubtful on that point, although it might explain why she dreamt about it) and as a result she came to find the place again
-the fact that Remon said spoiler["I'm an eternal 17 year old"] made me think that she's not actually a normal high schooler, possibly she had a standstill again maybe? and is back in high school again as a result, although i don't think she's old enough to account for Ichika being Mizuho's daughter, that seems like too big of a gap to still be in high school so i've kinda dismissed my own acceptance on that theory

argh! i think my deadlines that piled up recently really messed me up, i'm confusing myself on all this stuff now and have no idea anymore if its actually a theory or just the creators messing with me but i'm too tired to check it now

Ichigo: http://pedocron.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/ichigo_morino-03.jpg?w=480
Remon: http://randomc.net/image/Ano%20Natsu%20de%20Matteru/Ano%20Natsu%20de%20Matteru%20-%2008%20-%20Large%2011.jpg
*links for comparisons between Ichigo and Remon*
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Ichigo and Remon
Strawberry and Lemon.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:24 pm Reply with quote
I kind of wish that I was more familiar with Please Teacher so I could have more of a contribution, I read the wikipedia article on it though after looking up a bit of Ano Natsu on Tv Tropes. Perhaps I will get Please Teacher eventually on DVD, though I have to ME3 this weekend, so more aliens anyway.
Volibear

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:31 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I kind of wish that I was more familiar with Please Teacher so I could have more of a contribution, I read the wikipedia article on it though after looking up a bit of Ano Natsu on Tv Tropes. Perhaps I will get Please Teacher eventually on DVD, though I have to ME3 this weekend, so more aliens anyway.
tbh as good as Onegai Teacher was, ME3 is a better way to spend a weekend anyway, i've already got everything ready for when my CE arrives so i can happily play it all weekend without interruption
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9