• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Saint Seiya Omega TV Anime Sequel's 2nd Ad Aired

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
opn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:26 pm Reply with quote
im surprised by after all these years furuya sounds exactly like how he did when saint seiya first aired which is pretty impressive. as for the promo it didn't show much but from what was shown it looked good. also is that peagasus phantasy in the background? Very Happy
crazychild

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:27 pm Reply with quote
I wish Crunchyroll or someone else would pick up the streaming rights for the original series and OVA's, but I'm guessing that SS is still enough of a draw in Japan for Toei to want a considerable sum for it.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:02 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
im surprised by after all these years furuya sounds exactly like how he did when saint seiya first aired which is pretty impressive.

He doesn't age. I'm not joking at all.

WAS THAT MASAKI ANDOH? MIDORIKAWA!!!!!!!!!!!!
sainta

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:49 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
also is that peagasus phantasy in the background? Very Happy

Sounds like the Hades Sanctuary's episodes' previews. I fear Seiya will be like all the other Gold Saints from the classic series who did nothing while the Bronze Saints are losing more blood than what their bodies have.
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
opn wrote:
im surprised by after all these years furuya sounds exactly like how he did when saint seiya first aired which is pretty impressive.

He doesn't age. I'm not joking at all.

Furuya and many other veterans have maintained their epic voice through the years due to their professional life-style and being active in the industry.

I attended concerts during my trip to Japan last year for Isao Sasaki, Ichuro Mizuki, Mitsuko Horie, Akira Khushida and other veteran singers and they still sound perfectly like they were from 30 years ago or more.

I am glad that he is still active in the industry and more happy that he returned to voice the character which he made as one of the iconic ones in the anime history. No disrespect to Masakazu Morita, who replaced him for the role in Inferno and Elysion chapters. But his Seiya didn't have the cosmo of Furuya.
GVman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:30 pm Reply with quote
crazychild wrote:
I wish Crunchyroll or someone else would pick up the streaming rights for the original series and OVA's, but I'm guessing that SS is still enough of a draw in Japan for Toei to want a considerable sum for it.

How well did Lost Canvas do on Crunchyroll? It seems like that would be the driving factor for SSO getting/not getting a simulcast.

Anyway, I'm glad to see Seiya's original VA back. I wonder if the others are returning?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1