• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2nd Ame & Yuki Film Trailer by Summer Wars's Hosoda Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IkariGendo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Those kids look like they got the mumps. LOL. Ok let me stop. Man finally another trailer. I gotta tell my friend about this film. He's a big werewolf fan like me. Now I just hope there are no more glitches like the last post when in place of werewolf you got SPAM. Laughing
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:39 pm Reply with quote
I think that would have been the turning point in the relationship when my partner showed me they were a wolf. Glad this lady is stronger than I am though.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:43 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure what to make of this film, but it looks very sweet. The children look adorable in a slightly idiosyncratic way that's pretty neat. I could see this working as a simple, but emotionally affecting story. I can't really get a bead on the story from what we've seen and heard so far, but I'm looking forward to more about this film.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Animerican14

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:13 am Reply with quote
Gee, if this isn't one of the most genuinely adorable things I've seen in an anime, at least in quite a while. The thing is... the size/shape of the characters' mouths kinda freaks me out a bit-- more so the mother's at 1:11! (And really, in that running scene, it probably isn't so good for her to take giant gulps of air like that, is it?)

The only Hosoda film I've seen so far has The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, so it's not like I've been keeping up with what he's been doing-- still need to get to seeing Summer Wars. (Although for some reason, I still have somewhat ambivalent feelings about Summer Wars... would relative unfamiliarity with technology that's similar to what's depicted in there (say, the unfamiliarity of my parents) hamper enjoyment of that film?) Ame & Yuki, though, is definitely on my radar, now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
danilo07

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:58 am Reply with quote
And then they decided to search for the paradise.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:44 am Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:
And then they decided to search for the paradise.

Only if they catch a whiff of the flower.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:21 am Reply with quote
I'd love to see this in a theater.
icomeanon6
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:00 am Reply with quote
Animerican14 wrote:
The only Hosoda film I've seen so far has The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, so it's not like I've been keeping up with what he's been doing-- still need to get to seeing Summer Wars. (Although for some reason, I still have somewhat ambivalent feelings about Summer Wars... would relative unfamiliarity with technology that's similar to what's depicted in there (say, the unfamiliarity of my parents) hamper enjoyment of that film?) Ame & Yuki, though, is definitely on my radar, now.

I don't think your parents' unfamiliarity with technology would be a problem unless they don't know that the internet and social networks are a thing. It's a very human story, and it's at least as much about family and human networking as it is about any kind of technology. Moreover, I think Summer Wars is the most family/parent friendly non-Ghibli anime film in years. My mom drove me and a bunch of my friends to see it at an arthouse place, and she loved it just as much as the rest of us did.

As for Ame & Yuki, it continues to look adorable and I can't wait until Funi or someone grabs it.
Myaow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:21 am Reply with quote
So precious! The huge mouths are a little weird, I guess-- I remember being a little leery of the mouth shapes in Summer Wars, and this movie seems to take that to the next level. Still, I can't wait to see this (years from now...)
mizunosaki

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:17 am Reply with quote
Quote:

I enjoyed Summer Wars a lot. In a lot of ways it's a very humanistic movie. I think the impression I get from the movie is that humanity and bonds between humans is the strength that overcomes a machine logic and calculation.

Also although the technology is advanced, the concept itself is pretty simple and similar to facebook so I don't think anyone will have any difficulty getting into it.

About Ame & Yuki:spoiler[ It's sad to find out so early that the wolf man passed away... It would've been better if he just went missing or something (that way they can reunite later). It happened with Summer Wars too. I bet this movie would be really awesome, but that kind of plot kind of killed my fire a little bit.]

Last edited by mizunosaki on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1