• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: TBS Reruns Japanese Folk Tales

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cat_clan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Actually the official page says: "In total there were 39 series, including: 'Issunboushi', 'Chika Chika Yama', 'Kobutori Jii-san' and other popular folklore tales. At the end there were 1467 episodes broadcasted under the name of 'Manga Nihon Mukashibanashi'."
So it's a little more accurate to say 1467, instead of 1400.

Eventhough I think the page also says that they are going to choose the better suited for today audience from the original runs. So probably not all of them are going to be broadcasted again.
Bahamut God

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know how educational and accurate these are? Would watching them help in learning about japanese culture? Or would it be like watching Kenshin to learn about the Meji (sp?) revolution?
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:25 pm Reply with quote
cat_clan wrote:

So it's a little more accurate to say 1467, instead of 1400.

Yeah, our encyclopedia says that too, but I chose to go with "more than xxxx episodes" because I knew it would be true, while 1467 could have ended up debated should my information about 1467 episodes turn out to be wrong.

Essentially, by going with "more than 1400" I knew that the news article would be right no matter what and still fairly accurate.(4% off)

-t
Hullut Sisarukset

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:45 am Reply with quote
Bahamut God wrote:
Does anyone know how educational and accurate these are? Would watching them help in learning about japanese culture? Or would it be like watching Kenshin to learn about the Meji (sp?) revolution?

I've seen one episode, and the series is just cute folk stories animated. So I think it'll be great for learning about Japanese folklore.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1