• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Madoka Magica Anime Gets Its Own Dedicated Magazine

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:45 am Reply with quote
Love that the ad misspelled 'sale' (it's 'sele').
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:27 am Reply with quote
Unnecessary. Rolling Eyes
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:35 am Reply with quote
Tenbyakugon wrote:

Why? Its not that strange for really popular properties to get their own magazines. Persona got its own magazine last year... as long as theres a demand for it, more power to them.
sburstall

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:24 am Reply with quote
I'd be willing to purchase the magazine. The price is reasonable. You'd spend more on a graphic novel by Marvel or DC and have less pages.
dragon695

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:05 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Tenbyakugon wrote:

Why? Its not that strange for really popular properties to get their own magazines. Persona got its own magazine last year... as long as theres a demand for it, more power to them.

For once, I can agree with you. There is so much depth to the series and characters that there is plenty of material for a magazine.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Gen be milking that cash cow.

Can't blame him. Madoka praticaly prints money, but it actually deserves it in this case. I wonder how long the magazine will run for.
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:04 pm Reply with quote
I absolutely adore the series and I can't wait for the movies, but even I can't help but feel that this is a bit...too much.

I doubt this magazine will be long running anyway; possibly until the second movie is released.
JuicyB

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:28 pm Reply with quote
I neeeeeeeeeeed this.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually interested in this. More so if they actually decide to explore the concepts, ideas and all that other fun stuff. Never really cared for the show but I absolutely loved the concepts and ideas the series had.

EDIT: Removed some sort of off-topic ranting on my part. Really need to word some stuff better.

Last edited by Lynx Amali on Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Animerican14

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Oh Lawd, this is gonna keep a few key Puella Magi Wiki contributors actively busy for the next several months. It's going to be interesting to see what else can be newly learned about Madoka Magica, looking at how much has already been put onto the Wiki. There will certainly be a whole lot of stuff about the movies, most especially the third one. Something tells me that some of the information we've learned from a whole variety of sources-- twitter, random magazine, etc.-- might be consolidated here.

I guess it'll run all the way until around the third movie comes out in theaters/ on BD.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Veers

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Meh. It's not deep. It gives the illusion of being full of depth. It really isn't any deeper than your typical magical girl show other than being "grimdark."

Funny thing about depth in a story is that you usually can't see it until you want to. Where do you draw the line between being deep and only having the illusion of being deep? Not a rhetorical question.

Quote:
I'm actually interested in this though. More so if they actually decide to explore the concepts, ideas and all that other fun stuff.

Wait, what?

You're saying there's no depth to the show, then turning around and saying you hope they explore the concepts, ideas, and other fun stuff in the show. Is that not a form of depth? If the show didn't have any depth to it, how would its concepts, ideas, and other fun stuff be worth exploring? If it's as shallow as you imply, there shouldn't be anything there to explore in the first place, right?

Quote:
Never really cared for the show

Oh, wait, that explains it. Carry on. Laughing
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:43 pm Reply with quote
KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! WANT! It's like the .hack//G.U: The World magazines!
Dark Belldandy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Bimonthly Manga Time Kirara Magica to have film info, game intro, manga, more

Quote:
The magazine will publish an issue every other month.

So is it monthly or bimonthly?
Veers

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Dark Belldandy wrote:
Quote:
Bimonthly Manga Time Kirara Magica to have film info, game intro, manga, more

Quote:
The magazine will publish an issue every other month.

So is it monthly or bimonthly?

Well, seeing as how "ever other month" and "bimonthly" mean the same thing...
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Oh, wait, that explains it. Carry on. Laughing

I think you misunderstood what I typed (which really, after re-reading it, was to be expected. I REALLY need to word stuff better.)

Basically, what I was saying was that I didn't like the show itself. I loved the ideas and concept and some characters (Perhaps one being the greatest troll of the past decade.) My major issue is how people blow the whole depth thing out of proportion. A lot of the ideas were really just new spins on classic material. And using deep is tossed around like water nowadays on whatever appears to have multiple layers.

And me wanting to know about concepts and what gave them the ideas for the show doesn't really equal depth. It just means that I'm interested in the ideas and creation process. That's like saying because I own the Dancougar Nova Aggressive Material that Nova's deep. (It really isn't. At all.)

Might as well as edit that comment so it doesn't cause some sort of off-topic ranting on my part.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2