• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kadokawa CEO Predicts Anime of Sugar Dark Light Novel

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Hed

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:11 am Reply with quote
Bear in mind my knowledge of the LN extends to this article.

Anyway, if this turns out to be the case, fine by me. The art and the premise have piqued my interest, and if the Grand Prize is given that sparingly, this must have some potential.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:16 pm Reply with quote
And in other news, Steve Ballmer, CEO of Microsoft, predicted that Windows will "certainly" be getting a new upgrade in a couple of years.

The foresight of these guys is incredible.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
And in other news, Steve Ballmer, CEO of Microsoft, predicted that Windows will "certainly" be getting a new upgrade in a couple of years.

The foresight of these guys is incredible.

The big difference between a Microsoft sofware release and an anime based on a Kadokawa Shoten light novel is that Microsoft is in charge of everything from financing and development to at least one of the online retail stores you can buy it from.

Kadokawa Shoten, on the other hand, does not necessarily foot the entire bill, own the studio that is producing the anime, or own the television station or DVD distributor. All of that requires several layers of negotiations, any of which may not succeed. As any fan of a Kadokawa Shoten work with a dropped anime project can attest, there is a huge difference between when the Microsoft CEO predicts a software release and when the Kadokawa Shoten CEO predicts an anime adaptation.
Tyrenol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:11 pm Reply with quote
If /when the Kado-Cowards turn this into anime, they will definitely mess it up ala what Sgt. Hartmann said in Fullmetal Jacket.

It will get high-quality animution and sell 30,000 units. But it will BOMB in the West because the male lead will be spineless and indecisive for the sake of the Asian audience.

We can talk about predictions, mind you. I, however, would like to talk about "stagnation" as well as the "loudest Larson." Sad
hara

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:46 pm Reply with quote
The commercial for the light novel totally destroyed my slight hopes for a decent series. Seems to be the usual bishoujo crap.
StormSky92

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:12 am Reply with quote
Wow, whatever happened to this? I just finished the manga, and I really liked it. I would love to see an anime for this. I guess that guy failed at predicting.
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:29 am Reply with quote
*Reads article* This is interesting. Wonder when the anime'll come out. *Sees last comment, checks the dates* Oh...

While I thought this was a current article, I figured the one the anime wouldn't happen is if it turned out to be a flash in the pan. Given the dearth of results for news concerning it, it seems that's exactly what happened.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1