• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds The Ambition of Oda Nobuna TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Nice, this is on my watch-list and probably the only historical theme series I'll be watching this summer.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Nice, I'm looking forward to watching 2 genderbent Sengoku era shows this summer.
SnaphappyFMA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Well, this looks different. Wink
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:14 pm Reply with quote
So Sengoku Otome with a male lead.

Excuse me if I'm unenthused.
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:11 pm Reply with quote
What is it with Japan's obsession with turning Oda Nobunaga into a girl?!
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:23 pm Reply with quote
The next Sengoku era time-traveling show has been picked up by Crunchyroll, yay. I wonder how this one will turn out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Is this the one with gainaxing through platemail? That automatically makes it the greatest show ever told.

Ahhhhhh...

I just can't muster any enthusiasm for this gimmick. Do these series every do anything interesting with the premise that gives the gender-switches some sense of purpose? I am surprised that it's used as often as it is. Was Battle Girls: Time Paradox a sleeper hit or something?
dragon695

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Ryu Shoji wrote:
What is it with Japan's obsession with turning Oda Nobunaga into a girl?!

I don't know, but I think it makes for crappy anime.
opn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
Was Battle Girls: Time Paradox a sleeper hit or something?

nope in fact it flopped quite badly. anyway....as much as i dont want to see it but the guy whos doing the OST is the same guy that does fairy tails OST and so i am obligated to at least give it the four episode rule....
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Sengoku Collection and Battle Paradox were just advertisements for their original games... Sengoku Collection being a mobile game, and Battle Paradox being a Pachinko Machine. If it helps the original source material make more money, then they were successful. This new anime is based on a light novel though.
opn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:53 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Sengoku Collection and Battle Paradox were just advertisements for their original games... Sengoku Collection being a mobile game, and Battle Paradox being a Pachinko Machine. If it helps the original source material make more money, then they were successful. This new anime is based on a light novel though.

from what i seen oda nobuna sells pretty decently for a LN without a anime so it could do well given that the studio doing it (madhouse) is pretty big.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Yawn, yawn and ......aaa....Yawn Rolling Eyes
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:59 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

from what i seen oda nobuna sells pretty decently for a LN without a anime so it could do well given that the studio doing it (madhouse) is pretty big.

Its also the same artist as High School D x D, which is one of the biggest hits of 2012 so far. The popularity of D x D could help this show too.
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
I just can't muster any enthusiasm for this gimmick. Do these series every do anything interesting with the premise that gives the gender-switches some sense of purpose? I am surprised that it's used as often as it is. Was Battle Girls: Time Paradox a sleeper hit or something?

See the gender flip / moe anthropomorphism gimmick does amuse me (I love seeing "gijinka" takes on cars and computers and such) but I have to admit this has me going kinda "..meh" I'll throw it a watch to see if it catches my interest but I'd rather have a proper historical anime to be honest.

That being said, I'd love to see somebody go the other way, making famous female historical figures like - say Marie Curie, Mary Shelley, Jane Austin, Queen Victoria and Bouddicca into bishonen and have them interact with each other Hetalia style just to see the random result.
dragon695

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:25 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
opn wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

Its also the same artist as High School D x D, which is one of the biggest hits of 2012 so far. The popularity of D x D could help this show too.

I guess that means the nipple contact sheets will be in the mail soon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2