• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Announces Is This a Zombie? Dub Cast

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michaeltanzer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Awwwwwwww, wish it was an all-star celebrity dub....right? I think FUNimation should start doing all star celebrity dubs, for example IGPX with Haley Joel Osment and Mark Hamill.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:23 pm Reply with quote
well, only if you want them to run out of money doing so
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:32 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad to see a few names I don't recognize. The dub industry really needs to start having more variety and this is a good first step.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:36 pm Reply with quote
michaeltanzer wrote:
Awwwwwwww, wish it was an all-star celebrity dub....right? I think FUNimation should start doing all star celebrity dubs, for example IGPX with Haley Joel Osment and Mark Hamill.

I'm not sure why THIS of all shows deserves an all star cast...

I think Guardians of Luna is doing something to that effect...ok maybe not exactly 'all-star' but they have people like Jaleel White in the mix. This is rather a special case I think.
SereneChaos

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:39 pm Reply with quote
I don't recognize a lot of these names. Glad to see Funi giving some leads to some new actors. I wasn't going to try the dub since I already watching it sub, but now I'll at least check out the first episode.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Cherami Leigh~

....Except she's in a part who barely speaks. Don't tease me like that, Funi!
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Brittney Karbowski?

Buy.

michaeltanzer wrote:

As if FUNi can afford Mark Hamill.
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Brittney Karbowski as Tomonori? Somehow when they announced it was getting released here & dubbed, I figured she would voice that character. It just seemed like the sort of character she usually voices.

michaeltanzer wrote:

It probably wouldn't be as cheaper as it will be when it's released if Funi did that. Because I'd doubt that an all-star celebrity cast would do it for the amount that Funi's regular cast of voice actors probably is getting paid for each show.
Kohii

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:49 pm Reply with quote
I thought the cast had already been revealed: http://www.fandompost.com/2012/05/29/is-this-a-zombie-anime-dub-cast-revealed/

Quote:
Brittney Karbowski as Tomonori? Somehow when they announced it was getting released here & dubbed, I figured she would voice that character. It just seemed like the sort of character she usually voices

I think differently. Karbowski's voice is now forever stuck in my head as Yamada from B gata H kei. So yeah, it doesn't sound right to me to hear her voicing Tomonori.

Last edited by Kohii on Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:50 pm Reply with quote
michaeltanzer wrote:

uh, why do you need celeb casts? Having celebs cast doesn't make anime very good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:22 am Reply with quote
I thought Mark Hamill retired from voice acting.

Anyways, I'm still waiting for when Funimation records a non-DB show outside of Texas.
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:31 am Reply with quote
WeirDiE_InC wrote:

Anyways, I'm still waiting for when Funimation records a non-DB show outside of Texas.

hmm lets see

Tenchi Muyo GXP and OVA3 were recorded in LA

Slayers Revolution and Evolution-R were recorded in NYC

I guess you missed those dubs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:37 am Reply with quote
LuckyAstei wrote:
WeirDiE_InC wrote:

hmm lets see

Tenchi Muyo GXP and OVA3 were recorded in LA

Slayers Revolution and Evolution-R were recorded in NYC

I guess you missed those dubs

Slayers Revolution and Evolution-R's dubs were recorded in both New York and Los Angeles since NYAV Post is a bicoastal recording studio. It also included LA VAs like Crispin Freeman, Cindy Robinson, Stephanie Sheh, Will Wheaton (Yes, THE Will Wheaton), Liam O'Brien, Colleen O'Shaughnessy, Cassandra Morris, and Troy Baker in addition to NY VAs like Lisa Ortiz, Eric Stuart, Veronica Taylor, Dan Green, Wayne Grayson, Jason Griffith, Mike Pollock, and Michael Sinterniklaas. FUNi really went all out on that dub (though technically NYAV produced it, but FUNi still went out of their way to have it done elsewhere!).

But when you're not bringing back a returning cast, it's much cheaper to just do everything in-house, and FUNi has access to a great talent pool in Dallas.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:21 am Reply with quote
I swear that they announced the cast way earlier than yesterday.[/i]
opn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:35 am Reply with quote
Tyler walker will be directing the dub since he apparently revealed it during one of that anime shows episodes. Anyway i liked S1 alot more then i thought i did so im curious about the dub (really worried how they will handle some of the jokes though).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2