• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sailor Moon Manga Gets New Anime in Summer 2013

Goto page   Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fsunole90

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:17 am Reply with quote
Ahem...
YES!
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:20 am Reply with quote
Whoa! Seriously?! My friends NEED to know about this!
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:21 am Reply with quote
MEGATONNE

Moon-Chase is reporting a global release, that it's a Toei production, and that Kotono Mitsuishi and Toru Furuya are confirmed to reprise their roles as Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Kamen.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:22 am Reply with quote
Well, the internet's gonna be unusable in a year. I wonder what it'll look like, there's no way they're using the old 90s designs exactly, every retro anime's updated them so far.
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:22 am Reply with quote
I know some friends who'll be jumping for joy for this.

Heck, even I am a bit happy. Let's see what will come out of it :3

Edit: I went "Of course" when I read who will be doing the theme song. I don't know much about idols and group idols, but I do know enough about them to know that they are the best choice, publicity wise. They are pretty much the Sailor Senshi of the Japanese music industry.

Last edited by Sakurazuka_Reika on Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:26 am Reply with quote

It was also confirmed by those who watched the stream that the anime will have a worldwide simulcast. Cool

Source!

Last edited by NJ_ on Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:26 am Reply with quote
New...Sailor Moon...Anime..

As M. Bison would say...

YES
YES
YES
YES
YES!!!!

Now if you'll excuse me i'm going to go EXPLODE FROM JOY! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7qUDvvJm8k
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:27 am Reply with quote
I'd imagine this one will be far more favorable for some companies like FUNimation to license! Surprised
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:29 am Reply with quote
A reboot is an interesting decision. Curious if they'll have Satou or Ikuhara take the director's chair, or perhaps someone else entirely.
Apterous

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:30 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
I'd imagine this one will be far more favorable for some companies like FUNimation to license! Surprised

I can imagine, but I can also imagine the requirements to licence the new one would be to also licence the old one. Just my suspicion.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:33 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Publisher Kodansha and creator Naoko Takeuchi announced on Friday that a new anime adaptation of Takeuchi's Sailor Moon manga in being produced. The new anime will be released next summer.

SO. MANY. QUESTIONS!!!!! *Q*

1. Animation production? Will Toei do the new version? Or will Studio Bones (who did said last time they were doing a 'familiar' series) take on the project?

2. Voice actors? Obviously they might not be able to gain back the entire original cast but will there be new VA's, current popular VAs, or some veteran Voice Actors taking part of this? I could make an entire list of possibilities for the Inner & Outer Seishi, Tuxedo Mask, Villians and so on.

3. Director? Hopefully they will have someone familiar to Magical Girl genre and will do a great job on the new adaption.

4. Length? Will they make this new series completely faithful to the manga and adapt all of the arcs of the series? Will it be condensed to 12-13 episode seasons or will it be one complete series with up to 50 episodes or so?

5. Excitement? I'm I the only person who's totally excited right now!?!?! 8D

In the name of the moon, I'm TOTALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS!

Last edited by Keichitsu0305 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:35 am Reply with quote
The reboot bug that Hollywood clearly caught has spread over into anime as well hopefully Funimation can finally bring Sailor Moon over to the English World and give it a proper and faithful dub but its not going to be an easy title to pick up they have been trying for years to pick up the old anime and well we all know how that has turned out..not well.

Last edited by iamthevastuniverse on Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total
PmChivas

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:36 am Reply with quote
Before all the Gloomy Guses make their appearance and rain on my [our] parade.

WHAT??!! Shocked

::squeals::

YES!! This is so awesome -- I can't wait!! I wonder if the reboot will follow the manga exactly? It'll be interesting to watch see which direction the reboot will take.

In the name of the moon you will be punished if you don't watch!!

Now, I'm off to sound the battle cry and gather all my inactive Makochanians for the auspicious announcement. Very Happy
Sacto0562

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:39 am Reply with quote
If the anime is based on the true manga storyline, I'm all in! Cool I've read all the translated volumes of the "reworked" Sailor Moon manga and totally enjoyed it. Smile
Shiggity

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:39 am Reply with quote
Keichitsu0305 wrote:
Quote:
Publisher Kodansha and creator Naoko Takeuchi announced on Friday that a new anime adaptation of Takeuchi's Sailor Moon manga in being produced. The new anime will be released next summer.

SO. MANY. QUESTIONS!!!!! *Q*

1. Animation production? Will Toei do the new version? Or will Studio Bones (who did said last time they were doing a 'familiar' series) take on the project?

2. Voice actors? Obviously they might not be able to gain back the entire original cast but will there be new VA's, current popular VAs, or some veteran Voice Actors taking part of this? I could make an entire list of possibilities for the Inner & Outer Seishi, Tuxedo Mask, Villians and so on.

3. Director? Hopefully they will have someone familiar to Magical Girl genre and will do a great job on the new adaption.

4. Length? Will they make this new series completely faithful to the manga and adapt all of the arcs of the series? Will it be condensed to 12-13 episode seasons or will it be one complete series with up to 50 episodes or so?

5. Excitement? I'm I the only person who's totally excited right now!?!?! 8D

In the name of the moon, I'm TOTALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS!

I totally share your curiosity regarding the VAs.. I'd love if at least the entire inner senshi cast were to come back, but we'll see.

Also, I'm totally excited as well! I want it to be Summer 2k13.. NAO! hahah.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 22