• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your rate of anime viewing?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

The Rate of your Anime Viewing: Consistent or Sporadic?
Am I supposed to keep track of this kind of thing?
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
I may go months or more without watching anything.
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Very much a binge anime-watcher. I'll marathon or watch large chunks of a series and then won't watch anything for a while.
23%
 23%  [ 10 ]
I watch whenever I have extra time, so my rate is inconsistent but there aren't huge gaps.
30%
 30%  [ 13 ]
Anime viewing depends on my schedule but I try to consistently get in at least an ep or two every day.
18%
 18%  [ 8 ]
Very consistent. Unless there is something special or out-of-the-ordinary going on I watch about the same amount every day.
18%
 18%  [ 8 ]
GO AWAY I REFUSE TO TALK TO ANYONE UNTIL I'VE SEEN MY QUOTA OF EPISODES FOR THE DAY.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 43

nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:07 pm Reply with quote
As per Tris8.....

(by the way, Tris8, I find your avatar to be quite endearing!)

This poll will run for one week.
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:16 pm Reply with quote
I don't really keep track. It can vary from as few as 10 episodes per month, to hundreds. But I'm more likely to be watching hundreds.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:26 pm Reply with quote
I'd say pretty consistent, so I answered "very consistent." Ever since most of my anime consumption comes from streaming, I pick the shows I want to watch before the season starts, mostly stick to those and catch the episodes as they air. So it's kind of like watching old school broadcast television all over again. Same Bat Time, same Bat Channel, y'know. Occasionally I'll pop in something that I have on DVD, but that's so infrequent it has little effect on my overall consistency. The only other break in consistency are older streaming shows that I come back to now and then since there are quite a few I just haven't gotten around to finishing. Or I'll try something different.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Can't say that I have a consistent count on episodes I watch every day for anime. Regularly, I watch 5-8 episodes per day. But I have occasions where I can watch 10-14. It depends on whatever grabs my interest otherwise since I have other interests or tasks I do around my house and elsewhere.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tris8

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:24 pm Reply with quote
I chose very consistent, mostly because my day-to-day schedule is usually very consistent and I like to plan things in advance so the amount of time I have to watch anime tends to be the same. Of course, if a show is amazingly good it isn't uncommon for me to watch more than normal for a couple days.

nbahn wrote:
As per Tris8.....

(by the way, Tris8, I find your avatar to be quite endearing!)
Thanks! They are one of my favorite anime couples Smile

nbahn wrote:
Why just one week? Sad
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:41 am Reply with quote
I chose whenever I have spare time. I quite often go days without watching anything just because I have too much other stuff to do, but then if I have a free day/evening, I'll have a mega binge and watch loads.
moonie92

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:27 am Reply with quote
I only watch when I have spare time, which is like three or four times a week. My younger cousin is always getting into my DVDs so sometimes I'll catch an episode while eating dinner in the middle of a series I haven't seen in a while. Most of the time when I have spare time I watch three episodes or one movie.
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:37 am Reply with quote
I tend to binge watch. I'll have months where I seem to cycle between being big on anime, big on manga, or big on JRPGs. Though I'm usually always big on manga. I've been on a bit of an anime binge for a while now though, probably one of my longest in a while.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:14 pm Reply with quote
I can be a bit inconsistent with my viewing. Usually when I'm at work and watching my downloads, I tend to get between 4-6 episodes watched in a day, but when I'm at home sometimes I'll go several days without watching a single disc, and then times where I'll get through 3 or 4 discs in a day. Hence why I've fallen so far behind I guess.
SereneChaos

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:12 pm Reply with quote
I mainly watch simulcasts. I watch most episodes within a week of when they simulcast, so I'm pretty consistent.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:51 pm Reply with quote
I chose the binge option. I can go a long long time without watching anime, but then I'll watch through a full series in a few days or even several series. I just prefer to marathon as opposed to space things out, and often times that actually makes my viewership inconsistent.

Of course these days my down time is far more prevalent than it used to be since there just isn't as much coming out in the anime world these past few years that has really interested me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Takokujin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:01 pm Reply with quote
I used to force myself to watch my backlog. In the end, anime became a chore. Now, well, I watch when I want to. Also, I read my manga when I want to. If I make something a chore, yeah, it doesn't end well. However, if I'm really enjoying a certain show, I could easily binge it.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Tris8 wrote:
[...]
nbahn wrote:
Why just one week? Sad

Just give ANN $20 and you can start polls yourself. Wink

(btw, I am inconsistent -- my anime viewing will definitely nosedive come September -- Fall semester, don't you know!)
Mylene

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:24 am Reply with quote
Except for during the Olympics or Grand Slam tennis tournaments, I usually watch at least 1-2 episodes of anime per week. Streaming has assisted in keeping me on a bit more of a schedule, although admittedly, it hasn't helped me deal with my backlog of DVDs/BDs. Occasionally I'll find myself home alone and will sometimes do a 4-6 episode binge, but it's not as common as it used to be. My husband is also a fan, so we often watch together and he prefers to go one episode at a time and really mull over and discuss each episode. While I would generally like watching more than one at a time for things we have on DVD/BD, viewing an anime with him and getting to discuss it greatly increases my overall enjoyment, so I deal with his pacing.
SailorButterfly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:26 pm Reply with quote
I have long standing Friday night plans with a friend to watch anime every Friday night, unless one of us has something going on.

We've been doing this for years. We typically watch 6-8 episodes in a night.

I also watch most [as] anime, so right now, that's 3 episodes a weekend.

So, I'd say it's pretty consistent, though I wish I had time to watch more.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2