• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero 1 - 6 streaming

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:05 pm Reply with quote
I hated the fifth episode (although the scene with the student council girl was funny). The sixth episode kick-starts the plot (er, kind of), but this show's story is seriously stuttering.

But hey, at least I'm watching the uncensored version.
drale

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:22 pm Reply with quote
I'm not trying to be a chauvinist here or anything, but why does ANN have a woman doing a review for a show so obviously aimed at male audiences?
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:28 pm Reply with quote
drale wrote:
I'm not trying to be a chauvinist here or anything, but why does ANN have a woman doing a review for a show so obviously aimed at male audiences?

Probably because no one else wanted to take on the monumental task of watching six episodes of this abomination and then summarizing their thoughts on this.

I'm so sorry you had to go through that, Ms.Silverman.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:34 pm Reply with quote
drale wrote:

You've failed in that department.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:39 pm Reply with quote
give i also watching this series this example of really the BOSS main guy ever.

really taking undies, make them wet themselves, giant sword, stand walk on walls on bathroom or dressing room, even walk on water!!!

really best BOSS main guy this summer.

series itself it already 1st half in sure 2nd half make more to check.
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:16 am Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:
drale wrote:

Well, streaming reviews are from "whoever watches it" rather than from assignments, if I understand what I've read before from ANN staff. That said, it is a bit like reading a vegetarian's review of a steakhouse.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:34 am Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
octopodpie wrote:
drale wrote:

Well, streaming reviews are from "whoever watches it" rather than from assignments, if I understand what I've read before from ANN staff. That said, it is a bit like reading a vegetarian's review of a steakhouse.

Or male politicians on abortion laws. Twisted Evil
superdry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:12 am Reply with quote
The quick summary with the + and - sums up the show pretty well actually. Of course, one reason to continue watching the show is what new WTF is going to happen next even though it's been toned down a bit in the last two episodes.

dtm42 wrote:
I hated the fifth episode (although the scene with the student council girl was funny). The sixth episode kick-starts the plot (er, kind of), but this show's story is seriously stuttering.

Episode 7 gets a little more interesting with the plot stuff. I feel like it's starting a little late though.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:25 am Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
Episode 7 gets a little more interesting with the plot stuff. I feel like it's starting a little late though.

About bloody time. That's all I want to say.
manhiem

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:22 am Reply with quote
I'm not sure who the target audience for this show would be. Misogynists? Personally, I don't know of anyone who would be able to watch this show and enjoy it.

I was interested in the premise of this show, and where it might be going with regard to the people who have returned from these "otherworlds". But if the writers don't start showing us where they're going in the next episode, they're not going to have time to get there in just one season. And I can't imagine watching this for two.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:24 am Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:

I was nervous about being the one to review it, but no one else wanted it, so...*shrug*

That said, I started watching it for the premise, which I thought was a good one - I love the idea of enough kids getting sent to alternate worlds that it merits its own syndrome - and I kept watching in hopes that it would go back to that. Really, it was the shower scene that completely turned me off. (To be honest, I didn't get what was going on in the pee scene immediately - damn spin-y censorship things!) I really appreciate that Akatsuki has more of a brain than the average lead in this kind of show...I just wish he was less of a predator. And that it looked better. That would be nice.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:03 am Reply with quote
It was the lingerie episode that made me wonder why I'm watching this. I mean, two weeks ago I defended Akatsuki's behaviour during the "pee scene", even though I felt it was skeevy. But then episode five rolls around and he spoiler[gropes his "sister" and none of the three females (the two friends and the shop assistant) does or says anything. In fact, the attendant even commends him on his ability to judge bra sizes, as if he didn't just stick his hands inside his (as far as she knew) sister's bra and cup her breasts and make her moan. Even if he was doing it to fit the bra it was completely inappropriate, yet the attendant looks on admiringly. And we spent two-thirds of the episode inside that bloody changing room, I was sick of it.]
jl07045

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:50 am Reply with quote
manhiem wrote:
I'm not sure who the target audience for this show would be. Misogynists? Personally, I don't know of anyone who would be able to watch this show and enjoy it.

Is the target audience of GTA people who wish to be gangsters and like to destroy cities?

Shows like that say nothing about anything. They provide breasts, character designs and kinky situations that some people get a rise out of. If the plot is halfway decent, it's a bonus. If the characters have some depth, that may be a bonus for some as well.

Last edited by jl07045 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Pedram

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:51 am Reply with quote
i start watching this show as i tho its something new a little , it's not one of ur weak male main character of harem series neither its one of those clueless and or gay one ! ( i mean those who got seriously no perverted thought ! or those who nosebleed and faint like crazy ! )

but yeh i agree this one is a little too much too lol
putting those "Watching Over All the Time" parts even in shower aside , the episode 5 as dtm42 also mentioned ... i was like WTF ? LOL ?
mostly by the other 3 female reaction lol
but well it seems to get to a little more plot now at ep7 Very Happy

i still say Best Show Ever this Season is Sword Art Online Very Happy totally Awesome Very Happy i read the novel up to 8th vol too.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:19 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I was nervous about being the one to review it, but no one else wanted it, so...*shrug*

I knew it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5