• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Last Guardian, Skies of Arcadia's U.S. Trademarks Renewed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, at least they're still working on TLG, and I guess the TM for Skies means (or might be) a possible re-release, who knows, lol. :3
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Skies of Arcadia? How odd... are they planning something I don't know about with the game? I mean..I'd love to see a re-release of the game in HD or something if they're planning that but, hn... they've got me curious now.

Glad to see that The Last Guardian isn't truly lost, atm. Not holding my breath still....
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see The Last Guardian is still in production, I hope it'll be good despite delays, and fall out between Sony and Team Ico.

Also from reading the article about Skies of Arcadia, I know that game was originally on Dreamcast (which got ported to Gamecube, there was going to be a PS2 version but never happen), so I assume it may get a HD makeover like other Dreamcast game (Crazy Taxi, Sonic Adventure, Space Channel 5 part 2) release on PS3 and 360. If it is, goody for anyone with PS3 and 360 that never play this game. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GVman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:00 am Reply with quote
If they do make an HD port of Skies, they better use the GameCube version, as that one had all the delicious bonus content.

Anywho, I'd love to see a full-blown sequel. Skies of Arcadia is one of my favorite video games.
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:34 am Reply with quote
GVman wrote:
If they do make an HD port of Skies, they better use the GameCube version, as that one had all the delicious bonus content.

Also, I hope the HD version can have the censorship removed found in the American version (both on Dreamcast and Gamecube), if the HD version ever come to the US. When Skies of Arcadia went to US they removed references to smoking and alcohol (we've seen more T-rated games having these like Batman: Arkham City has characters smoking). Also I was told that a character who scantily clad had to be "cleaned up" for the US version (again, we've seen scantily clad characters in recent western games like Mass Effect).

Hardcore Gaming 101 wrote:
The American Dreamcast version was slightly censored to remove references to smoking and alcohol, cleaned up some dialogue (to make it look less like Aika was going to get raped when being captured by Vigaro), and slightly cleaned up one scantily clad character. The Gamecube version was censored in all territories.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1