• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl Ask & Win Contest

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:56 am Reply with quote
Wait. How much involvement did Shinbo have? Sure, he's the Chief Director, but Miyamoto was the Series Director. Aren't chiefs more like supervisors?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mulrich

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:11 am Reply with quote
Pre-order [expletive] where?!
Saffire

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:20 am Reply with quote
mulrich wrote:
It's listed on RightStuf, and I assume it is on most of the other usual suspects as well.
Kohii

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Winning this is as likely as it is to get an extra $20when withdrawing money from an ATM. Meaning, never gonna happen. Very Happy
mulrich

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Saffire wrote:
mulrich wrote:
It's listed on RightStuf, and I assume it is on most of the other usual suspects as well.

I don't like RightStuf. They demand picture ID for debit/credit cards, and they charge a fuckton of money for shipping.

Oddly, this isn't listed on NISA's own store. Guess I'll check Planet Axel and Amazon.

EDIT: And I just found out Planet Axel has gone bust. Huh. Wonder where I should check, then. It's not on Amazon.

EDIT 2: Also, it would appear this'll be hardsubbed.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:18 pm Reply with quote
mulrich wrote:
Saffire wrote:
mulrich wrote:

I don't like RightStuf. They demand picture ID for debit/credit cards, and they charge a fuckton of money for shipping.

Oddly, this isn't listed on NISA's own store. Guess I'll check Planet Axel and Amazon.

EDIT: And I just found out Planet Axel has gone bust. Huh. Wonder where I should check, then. It's not on Amazon.

Yeah, commented about the hardsub on the press-release forum. It seems very likely to me that it's a reverse importation tactics...but who knows what the real reason is. It's very unfortunate IMO.....but I still want it.
mulrich

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I think it's something the Japanese forced on them. Regardless of that and the not-so-brilliantly localized title, I still want it.
Ingraman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:29 pm Reply with quote
mulrich wrote:

No, it won't be. Subtitles are forced on, but they're not burned into the video. It amounts to the same thing, but for those with the right software/players, they can be turned off. I am not among those. If I want to turn them off, I'll have to eject the disc, and put in one of my import Blu-rays.
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:48 pm Reply with quote
I entered this contest. Good luck to ya'll! Smile

I hope the winners would be announced waaay before January 8, when this DVDs/BDs is released, because that would save them from pre-ordering those DVDs/BDs. It would be hassle to cancel/sent it back after the winners are announced. ;(
Melicans

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Dark Absol wrote:
I entered this contest. Good luck to ya'll! Smile

I hope the winners would be announced waaay before January 8, when this DVDs/BDs is released, because that would save them from pre-ordering those DVDs/BDs. It would be hassle to cancel/sent it back after the winners are announced. ;(

I entered the contest (doubt I'll be one of the lucky ones, but worth a shot), but I wouldn't mind keeping my pre-order. I just love this show so much! Would leave me with either a back-up copy in case worst came to worst, or a gift option for my best friend or my girlfriend since they both love it too. Either way, looking forward to the release!
Aux10

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:58 pm Reply with quote
mulrich wrote:

Since When? I've been ordering stuff online from Rightstuf for years and have never been asked once for my ID in order to pay with my credit card nor have I ever seen anything that implied so. Crapton of money for shipping? Any order over $50 gets free shipping.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Polycell

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:39 pm Reply with quote
They require ID for international shipments(outside of Canada, AFAICT).
RightStuf wrote:
For first time orders paying via VISA, Master Card, or Discover, we require a copy of some form of ID (can be driver's license, passport, credit card statement, utility bill, etc.) that shows your address along with a photocopy of BOTH THE FRONT AND BACK side of your credit card.
Amex cardholders are exempt, though.

They also charge $13.50 for the first item and $3.50 for each additional item with no free shipping available(Canadian shipping is $10.50 for the first item with free shipping available for orders over $250).
manicli

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:41 pm Reply with quote
I wonder how many people actually entered the contest and out of those how many filled out decent questions?

I highly doubt I'll win but hey it's worth a shot besides I am curious as to his opinion of the adaptation. Smile

*Puts hands together and prays that I win*
rokudo55

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:44 pm Reply with quote
its almost been a month since the contest closed and it still says Winners will be announced shortly. when will they announce them?
sonicspin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Getting closer to two months now. Nothing, eh?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2