• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Key Head: Angel Beats Game Not Yet Ready to Be Announced

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Pity. The show was cut from 26 to 13 episodes, making its large cast a liability in such a short space. A VN set in the world of Angel Beats! would have plenty of room to breathe.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Yes! At least we knew it had to exist. Now to do the oh-so-better Otonashi/Yuri route.
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:43 pm Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:
Pity. The show was cut from 26 to 13 episodes, making its large cast a liability in such a short space. A VN set in the world of Angel Beats! would have plenty of room to breathe.

Exactly. I really hope they don't give up on this - Angel Beats had a lot more potential had they been able to flesh out the cast as originally planned. Hopefully they'll do the VN and flesh it out the way they couldn't in the anime.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Well, I guess it is a pretty good news. 'Not yet ready to be announced' means that it is in the stage of development and we still can hold our hopes high!
Ringking

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:14 pm Reply with quote
I had wondered if this is what Key had been up to. Hopefully if they do decide to give it the go ahead (which they're taking their sweet time to do, haven't they been working on this since BEFORE Rewrite?) they put Maeda back in the drivers seat for the scenario. Probably have to wait till April for anything official, they like to do fake April Fools announcments.

Last edited by Ringking on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chipp12

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:14 pm Reply with quote
I've read that the game won't be just a VN, but will have some gameplay.
Ringking

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:16 pm Reply with quote
^Can I get a source for that?

If there was any gameplay in it it would probably be like LB's batting practice, just minigames which don't have a huge impact on the overall story. Heck, they could even recycle the LB baseball mechanic for the baseball tournament episode, that'd be cool.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:17 am Reply with quote
I just recently finished watching this. It turned out to be better than I expected, but by the way the story played out I would have swore under oath there was a game out for it already, and highly unusual for an anime that looks like it's from a game to actually not be. Was that the production team's original plan, or just a coincidence? I too though 13 wasn't enough and the last 2 eps showed they were rushing the ending. Deserves at least a movie to tie up the loose ends, but I guess that's what they'll do in the game. Sadly I don't play games. Not enough hours in a day. They obviously had enough money to waste on that OVA extra though. Oh well.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:34 am Reply with quote
it's probably going to be a bad PSP game...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1