• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy - Myth Cloth EX Sagittarius Aiolos

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aynslesa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:47 pm Reply with quote
David, I love you for hitting the Myth Cloth EX line - I've been crossing my fingers that Astro Toy would do it ever since the release of Gemini Saga when the line first game out. I've got four of them - Aries Mu, Gemini Saga, Leo Aiolia, and Scorpio Milo - and I love them all. I'm hoping to get Virgo and Sagittarius some time next month.

And I agree with this column 99.9% percent - they *do* look goofy without the armor, they *are* tough to put together, and they most definitely *are* beautiful when they're done. The side-by-side comparison between Myth Cloth EX and the original Myth Cloth is just... there's no substitution. I think the only Myth Cloths that can hold up in comparison are the God Cloth.

The 0.1% that I feel I must comment on is whether or not they need a stand to hold up. Each figurine is actually built to stand up on its own with no added support - the additional stands are *mostly* for when you want to add on the special effects for their attacks. None of mine use stands. Of course, jar the shelf they're one and they like to learn how to fly, to if you have an unstable set up perhaps a stand of any kind is justified. Still, the balance is really good - all of the feet are done in metal, so they've got a solid base to support all of that metal armor.

They're also incredibly fun to pose. Anime smallmouth
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:00 pm Reply with quote
What was that about Mazinger? Should I get my hopes up?
sainta

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:59 pm Reply with quote
I never saw the Sagittarius Cloth without wings. Guess that's how it looks. Trivial fact is that Sagittarius doesn't have wings but Kurumada added them to the Gold Cloth to fit its unofficial Saint, Pegasus Seiya.

Still the thinllooking humans where common in the second season of the anime as the late character designer Shingo Araki was replaced with Michi Mihimeno. Araki was responsible for most the Bronze Clothes in the anime but the Sagittarius and all the other Gold Clothes were designed by Kurumada who apparently improved a lot considering the first Bronze Clothes.
omoikane

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:47 pm Reply with quote
thanks for the review...it's always kind of tough to decide on an action figure like this. maybe i'll pick up something on this line after all... if I can find the one i like in stock and not outrageously priced. a big if.
sepherest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:29 pm Reply with quote
I don't follow Saint Seiya but the franchise definitely has one of the coolest articulated figure lines.
If I ever had that kind of extra money lying around I'd love to get Poseidon or Aries Mu.
IanC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Aiolos is my favourite Saint, so damn do i want this figure *looks at cost* Oh. *looks at list of figures on order* Oh darn.

I'll just look at the high res photos of the various figures they have in the Sanctuary Battle game and pretend I have them then.... Crying or Very sad
davecabrera
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Aynslesa wrote:
David, I love you for hitting the Myth Cloth EX line - I've been crossing my fingers that Astro Toy would do it ever since the release of Gemini Saga when the line first game out.

Once orders opened up on this one (and sold out) I started looking around immediately. I was definitely excited about it.

Anyway, obviously this is one of the most niche lines we cover. There are hundreds of Myth Cloth toys and in my entire run here we've done Saint Seiya twice. That's less than we do mecha, or tokusatsu, or JoJo. I personally love the toys but we just don't often get the chance because they're just not a super-popular series. Glad you enjoyed it!

dtm42 wrote:
What was that about Mazinger? Should I get my hopes up?

No promises!
(if this article was that long I think that one would be feature-length...)
Hellfish

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:37 pm Reply with quote
I thought normal myths were pretty, but man this ones are just BEAUTIFUL o.O. It seriously makes me consider start buying figures... even if the Saints are a huge money sink...
Over here many of my friends are buying them, I bet they will be a hit over here O.o
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1