• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Yoshitaka Amano

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PipingHotTea

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:28 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoyed this interview as much as I enjoy Amano's artwork. For reason his artwork for FF makes it more whimsical for some reason, he probably has a magic touch Smile. Not to mention Angel's Egg still makes me sad every time I watch it.
sainta

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Nice one! Is it possible that ANN could interview Tetsuya Nomura? There are lots of interviews with him around the web, but in none he talks about influences, what part of drawing does he enjoy the most, how he joined Square, etc.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Amano, the god-emperor of anime and video game art and character design
khaos1019

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:38 pm Reply with quote
That gem of information about Angel's Egg is awesome. It's a fascinating movie, but definitely dense and any insights into its meaning are always great, especially from one of the main members of the production team. Because Oshii definitely isn't talking.
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Wow, ANN interview the great Yoshitaka Amano, I never thought I would see this. Anyway, thanks ANN for talking to Amano. At least I know he's still active these day.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
reanimator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:59 am Reply with quote
sainta wrote:
Nice one! Is it possible that ANN could interview Tetsuya Nomura? There are lots of interviews with him around the web, but in none he talks about influences, what part of drawing does he enjoy the most, how he joined Square, etc.

That's because interviewers don't do their homework on preparing right questions.
sainta

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:22 am Reply with quote
reanimator wrote:
sainta wrote:

That's because interviewers don't do their homework on preparing right questions.

It's actually because they are doing the same question over and over: "Do you plan to release Kingdom Hearts III? What plans do you have for Kingdom Hearts III? Are you working on Kingdom Hearts III? Is there a game you plan to develop before Kingdom Hearts III?"
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:49 pm Reply with quote
An excellent interview. He's still so awesome. :)
daichi383

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Great interview! I was wondering what was up with the Deva Zan project since it was announced so long ago but its still in the development and finding stages?? Hope they produce something really different and from the promo I can tell it will definitely be "something..." Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1