• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Guitar Vader Pulls out of Fanime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:21 am Reply with quote
i thought their lead singer was a girl.
Aresef

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Both he and Miki share singing duties, but on some of their more recent stuff, Ujuan's voice is front and center.
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:58 pm Reply with quote
A serious illness that they know will last another month, apparently...? What?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aresef

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Michi wrote:
A serious illness that they know will last another month, apparently...? What?

I was wondering the same thing, but it must be damn serious if Steve hops on there and the band's myspace to announce it.
JapanFilesPress

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Hi Guys--

Here's the official press release on the Fanime line-up. mothercoat spells their name in all lowercase, but they are a top-shelf rock band! Check them out on myspace for samples of their songs (full length songs coming soon!)

Dave
Japan Files Press

LAST MINUTE LINE-UP CHANGE
BRINGS RED-HOT JAPANESE ROCK BAND
MOTHERCOAT TO FANIME FOR U.S. DEBUT!

Due to the hospitalization of Guitar Vader founder and guitarist Shozo Ujuan, the pioneer band has withdrawn from Fanime MusicFest 2006 as Ujuan recovers in Tokyo.

“We’re very disappointed at this sudden change because we’ve all been looking forward to playing live for our American fans for so long. But once Ujuan’s better, we’ll be back to rock them harder than ever. Guaranteed.” Says Steve Laity, Guitar Vader’s keyboardist and spokesperson for JapanFiles.com.

Coming to the rescue is one of the Japanese rock scene’s most successful live bands, mothercoat. mothercoat has been one of JapanFiles.com’s consistent top-sellers, and they carry a fan following in Tokyo second-to-none.

Known for their on-stage intensity and their wide-ranging musicianship, mothercoat was the first and only choice to match the audience’s expectations for Fanime MusicFest 2006.

“No one ever leaves a mothercoat show feeling the same. They’re electric and just plain unstoppable,” continues Laity, who personally asked the band to attend on behalf of Guitar Vader.

More info on mothercoat can be found at www.japanfiles.com.

mothercoat songs on MySpace: www.myspace.com/mothercoat

Fanime MusicFest 2006 will be held in San Jose, CA – Memorial Day weekend, May 26-29, 2006. Six Japanese bands will perform live, including Up Hold, miami, Swinging Popsicle, mothercoat, and Goofy Style

More info at www.fanime.com.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1