• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fairy Tail Anime's TV Run to End on March 30

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Another tweet from Mashima about the anime ending

Quote:
今週のマガジンにアニメ(終)と書いてあるんだけど、実はまだ終わりじゃないんですよ。これ以上の事は言えないんだけど、4月からの再放送を見ながらよい発表ができる日をまっていてほしいです。

My Japanese isn't that good but it says roughly something like this:
"The anime ending is announced on this week magazine, but [I am? We are? It is?] not over yet.[something about starting April] While watching the rebroadcast wait for the day when we can give good news"
Katawe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:26 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Another tweet from Mashima about the anime ending

Quote:
今週のマガジンにアニメ(終)と書いてあるんだけど、実はまだ終わりじゃないんですよ。これ以上の事は言えないんだけど、4月からの再放送を見ながらよい発表ができる日をまっていてほしいです。

My Japanese isn't that good but it says roughly something like this:
"The anime ending is announced on this week magazine, but [I am? We are? It is?] not over yet.[something about starting April] While watching the rebroadcast wait for the day when we can give good news"

Yeah, something like "It says in this week's issue that the anime is ending, but this isn't really the end! That's all I can tell you now, but I want you to be waiting for some good news as you watch the reruns starting in April."

Sounds...intriguing. I wonder when we get to hear this "good news".
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:36 pm Reply with quote
As a further follow-up, he just tweeted in English:

Quote:
Anime is not the end. Don't stop believing

I think this could be meaningful because it shows he acknowledges the importance of foreign fans. I didn't pay that much mind to the first tweet on the matter, but the fact that there are three already makes me very intrigued as to what these "good news" are
guildmaster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:32 am Reply with quote
Well this is good news!
Hit0kiri

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:24 am Reply with quote
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/fairytail/news/#144359

Quote:
「FAIRY TAIL」の再放送が決定!
タイトル:フェアリーテイル ベスト!
放送日時:4月4日(木)より毎週木曜夕方5時30分~放送

どのタイトルが放送されるかはひ・み・つ!
ぜひ!お楽しみに~!!

Reruns of "FAIRY TAIL" decision!
Title: Best Fairy Tales!
Broadcast every Thursday evening at 5:30 from Thursday, April 04 Date: broadcasting
Tue, which only one, the title is either broadcast!
The world! ~ Do not miss it! !

Can somebody explain? Or correct the translation
Rolling Eyes
Sariachan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:55 am Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
I'm OK with this.

Fairy Tail had some things going for it at the start, and was getting interesting, especially with the Edolas & Zeref arcs, but it just seemed to peter out in the end. I really liked Happy and the other Exceeds, but the main characters were difficult to like. Eventually I warmed up to Natsu, Gray, Ezra, MiraJ, and Romeo, but I really can't stand the rest. Lucy and Juvia are especially loathsome. Too many of the females suffer from having big tits and sob story, which is pretty boring. The male characters are more varied but are boring because they get little-to-no character development. I feel that Wendy is a cynical play to the lolicon crowd.

Also, the ill-timed humor/fanservice just gets too absurd and over the top even for shounen. That would be alright if this was supposed to be a pure comedy or parody, but that isn't what it is always presenting itself as, which leads to confusion. You can mix comedy and drama, but it can't be done in a haphazard fashion. The end result is that it feels like it is yanking my chain once too often.

Lastly, there are just way, way too many "nakama" power-ups in this series. Power-ups are staple shounen, but even so it puts shows like Dragon Ball to shame in how often they trot this trope out. The end result is the battles feel weak and nothing is really at stake. This also causes a problem because it doesn't feel like they are accomplishing anything, either.

In the end, it probably just got too tedious for a lot of viewers to watch, so they just gave up. I could see the writing on the wall when the fanservice really started ramping up in some last ditch effort to save it. It is pretty lame when the tournament commentator has to direct the audience to "how great" all the fanservice is.

Sariachan wrote:
I'll probably drop the anime soon, though; I already watched around 60 episodes and it feels too generic and random to me.

There aren't that many, honestly. The feeling is correct, as far as I am concerned. Not that One Piece is much better, mind you, but at least it has some semblance of an overarching story.

Are you joking, right? Because comparing Fairy Tail to One Piece is so laughable that it isn't even funny. Shocked OP isn't random, and especially isn't generic at all.
Anyway I hope you're talking about the anime, since the OP one isn't always great and even has fillers on top of that, but the manga is a masterpiece (the first half at least; for the second half... let's wait and see how it develops and ends).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
saiz0

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Hit0kiri wrote:
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/fairytail/news/#144359

Quote:
「FAIRY TAIL」の再放送が決定!
タイトル:フェアリーテイル ベスト!
放送日時:4月4日(木)より毎週木曜夕方5時30分~放送

どのタイトルが放送されるかはひ・み・つ!
ぜひ!お楽しみに~!!

Reruns of "FAIRY TAIL" decision!
Title: Best Fairy Tales!
Broadcast every Thursday evening at 5:30 from Thursday, April 04 Date: broadcasting
Tue, which only one, the title is either broadcast!
The world! ~ Do not miss it! !

Can somebody explain? Or correct the translation
Rolling Eyes

Correction!
"re-broadcasting of FAIRY TAIL" is decided! Title: Fair retail best! Broadcast Date: Thursday April 4 from every Thursday evening 5 :30 a.m. to broadcasting which titles will be broadcast and the one-day! By all means! To enjoy ! !
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Title: Fair Retail Best!

If this is true then it's an incredibly clever play at words, grammar and spelling correctness be damned
agila61

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:33 pm Reply with quote
So they've decided that while the title can't sustain a filler arc, it is worth going to "Best Of" reruns ... that would be a hopeful sign for those who hope for animation of new canon content down the track.
PandaG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:24 pm Reply with quote
This is no surprise considering how close it is the the manga. They can't put out more fillers in the middle of an arc because it'd mess up the story. They'll either cancel it permanently or wait a year for the manga to get further ahead.

dragon695 wrote:

There aren't that many, honestly. The feeling is correct, as far as I am concerned. Not that One Piece is much better, mind you, but at least it has some semblance of an overarching story.

The only thing Fairy Tail really had over One Piece was the art (which is purely subjective, and means little without a substantive story) and the pacing at the beginning of the series. Fairy Tail has few instances of foreshadowing (which often fall short like Raven Tail), and most of the hyped villians have fallen short due to the extraordinary amount of plot armor the FT has.

OP execution when it comes to villians living up to hype, foreshadowing and making consistent progress towards the central theme or goals of the characters it much better. I mean, the entire first half of the series (once they entered the Grand Line) connected and lead to the WB war. There is a lot of semblance between the arcs, even in the ones that are often called the worst or are overlooked like Skypeia.
darkhog

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:26 pm Reply with quote
April Fools joke, that's all.

ChrisKris

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:14 am Reply with quote
Well it's sad, because this was a good Arc.
And I kinda wished they would finish this arc before they take a break...

Well, Just hope that they will finish this Arc in the near future.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 11 of 11