• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Sega Asks for Fan Support for Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F in the West

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tukuyomi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:19 am Reply with quote
A release in the West would we awesome.
I mean, I've already ordered the Japanese. version and these games are easy enough to understand, but I'd consider buying it twice if that meant we would get future titles right from the start.
Here's to hoping there are enough supporters for this~
Shiggity

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:20 am Reply with quote
Tukuyomi wrote:
A release in the West would we awesome.
I mean, I've already ordered the Japanese. version and these games are easy enough to understand, but I'd consider buying it twice if that meant we would get future titles right from the start.
Here's to hoping there are enough supporters for this~

+infinity
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:24 am Reply with quote
Support + PS3 = Failure.

There's another console in this market, Sega.

Want my support? Cater to my console. Otherwise, stop wasting our time.
casualfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:36 am Reply with quote
Mesonoxian Eve wrote:
Support + PS3 = Failure.

lol it's only a failure in your case. They'll release the game however they feel like regardless of your console.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:56 am Reply with quote
casualfan wrote:
Mesonoxian Eve wrote:
Support + PS3 = Failure.

lol it's only a failure in your case. They'll release the game however they feel like regardless of your console.

Yeah... I don't know what console you're talking about, but um, PS3 is definitely one of the most successful consoles on the market. MUCH MUCH more than XBOX360 (except in the states). Japan doesn't want to touch XBOX360 with a stick (have you SEEN the sales charts every week?). They're not going to reprogram an entire game just so you won't be unhappy. So please don't say "our time", when you are just about the only one complaining.

I'm planning to get the Japanese version, but I've been buying the Japanese games since they first started coming out! Great games. Hope more people in the west can appreciate them.
Clow_Shirow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:13 am Reply with quote
A contact which is near to SEGA told me this has been already decided, so probably this is just to create hype between fans.
However, it's great news indeed.

Source: http://www.koi-nya.net/2013/03/03/sega-podria-traer-hatsune-miku-project-diva-f-ps3-a-occidente/
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:16 pm Reply with quote
If I had a PS3 I would
kazziyan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Mesonoxian Eve wrote:
Support + PS3 = Failure.

Who's this "our"?. And are we talking about Xbox or Wii here? because considering how well the game does on one of the more prominent platform in Japan, I'm not surprised they release it on that as the Xbox has a battle with the PS2 week by week in Japan and the Wii has slowed down.

Neither does SEGA of America get a say in this. They're already doing bad enough.
VPedge

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Mesonoxian Eve wrote:
Support + PS3 = Failure.

what kind of shit posting is this?
Primus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:33 pm Reply with quote
People are begging for the Vita version on Facebook. I kind of don't understand why SEGA didn't ask for interest in both ...

Mesonoxian Eve wrote:
Support + PS3 = Failure.

Here's your problem. The video game industry doesn't cater to a single person's requests, but rather the requests of many. In Japan, the Nintendo Wii U, and Xbox 360 are not very successful platforms right now, so many games whose main selling territory is Japan skip out on those platforms.
VPedge

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
People are begging for the Vita version on Facebook. I kind of don't understand why SEGA didn't ask for interest in both ...

Mesonoxian Eve wrote:
Support + PS3 = Failure.

Here's your problem. The video game industry doesn't cater to a single person's requests, but rather the requests of many. In Japan, the Nintendo Wii U, and Xbox 360 are not very successful platforms right now, so many games whose main selling territory is Japan skip out on those platforms.

The fact the game was release only on the vita and ps3 made it funny
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Clow_Shirow wrote:
A contact which is near to SEGA told me this has been already decided, so probably this is just to create hype between fans.

Source: http://www.koi-nya.net/2013/03/03/sega-podria-traer-hatsune-miku-project-diva-f-ps3-a-occidente/

You are correct. A July ship date has been decided.

SEGA has been looking for the choice between which IP they want to be the final packaged release on non SEGA console platforms before the company's major re-organization strategy set for the 2nd Quarter of 2013, Colonial Marines was initially chosen, but due to its backlash, SEGA has determined that Miku receiving a niche release may not be such a bad investment after all.

The game will be downloadable for PSN if you want to play it for Vita as well.
Tknight99

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:02 pm Reply with quote
I voted for Miku in All Star's Racing when they were asking who should be DLC in that game
and today I hope that Project Diva F will be over here in the states
Primus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:23 pm Reply with quote
GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:
The game will be downloadable for PSN if you want to play it for Vita as well.

Just because a PS3 game is released on PSN doesn't mean it's playable on Vita, unless SEGA releases Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f (the Vita build) in North America.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:29 pm Reply with quote
GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:
Clow_Shirow wrote:

You are correct. A July ship date has been decided.

SEGA has been looking for the choice between which IP they want to be the final packaged release on non SEGA console platforms before the company's major re-organization strategy set for the 2nd Quarter of 2013, Colonial Marines was initially chosen, but due to its backlash, SEGA has determined that Miku receiving a niche release may not be such a bad investment after all.
SEGA still has its own console platforms?!

I do wish that SEGA, and companies in general, would stop allowing input on these sorts of "campaigns" solely via FaceBook. I don't have a FB, do not want a FB, and if SEGA truly wants our input it shouldn't require a FB account.

I'd also like to see this debut on non-PS3 consoles. The pending PS4 will instantly obsolete any and all PS3 games, yet the next Xbox has the potential to run any & all Xbox 360 games. It's a wiser investment. Since the PS4 is actually a PC in a fancy box, I'd like to see them put it on Steam and allow it to go cross-platform, perhaps even back to the PS3, as other games on Steam have.

I find it interesting that y'all maintain that SEGA would never use anything but the PS3 for this game as the PS3 is supremely popular in Japan, yet they're obviously using FaceBook here to market, which is ludicrously popular & pervasive in the USA but scarcely makes a dent in Japan. It's clearly easier for SEGA to market on FaceBook to the US than it is for them to port to the PC/Xbox from the more arcane PS3, granted, but this shows that they have a willingness to escape from the confines of "what works in Japan", confines that several strident posters here would seemingly swear SEGA could never escape. SEGA doesn't seem as closed-minded as posters here would like to believe.

Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3