• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bleach + Wii

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HigeHeartsBlue

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:00 am Reply with quote
WEEEE! Can't wait to see some screenshots from it. =)
a_lonewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:30 am Reply with quote
I couldn't think of a better franchise to utilize the Wii-mote. This might actually tempt me to buy the Wii.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
wolfcry
ANN Past Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:49 am Reply with quote
With a teaser like that, who needs an official announcement? I can't wait to see how they incorporate the motion sensing remote + nunchuk attachment for a fighting game like this, if it is to be a fighting game, that is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ravager

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:40 am Reply with quote
Kind of off-topic, but..has anyone of you tried the wii?? How was it?

I'm already imagining gamers shouting 'Bankai" while playing. lol.
RezSav

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:52 pm Reply with quote
From what I heard, Nintendo didn't calibrate the Wii at E3, so anything you hear from people who said they played it at the convention should be taken with a grain of salt.

Funny picture to go with the funny name Very Happy WII!

Last edited by RezSav on Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
hanachan01

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Yay! I was planing on getting a Wii, since it sounds the most interesting, could give me a good workout, and won't break the bank! I was also looking foward to seeing Zelda and Mario on this new system. This game looks kickass as well! Will it be a launch title?
hikaru393

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:16 pm Reply with quote
RezSav wrote:
From what I heard, Nintendo didn't calibrate the Wii at E3, so anything you hear from people who said they played it at the convention should be taken with a grain of salt.
The wii was at nintendo and playbel it even had the longest lines but from what i got to play of the wii at E3 it's pretty fun the remote took awhile to get used to but cant wait for bleach wii alredy got my wii on preorder.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:52 pm Reply with quote
ravager wrote:
The only person on this board I can see who would have a chance to touch a Wii is wolfcry.

.... Stop laughing, it's not funny anymore.

EDIT: I forgot to add "touch". Now the joke is finish, if Wii jokes were funny anymore.

Last edited by Ataru on Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
omnistry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:46 pm Reply with quote
GASP! An anime game on a Nintendo system that isn't portable! Sweet! And I couldn't think of a better title than Bleach.
Fallen Embers

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Wiiii! With my lousy tv, the only appealing console is the Wii and it's got more and more support every day. Granted it is an anime inspired game....Cowboy Bebop game anyone? So I'm not holding my breath but might be interesting.
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:14 pm Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:
GASP! An anime game on a Nintendo system that isn't portable! Sweet! And I couldn't think of a better title than Bleach.
Actually.... forget it. Most people forgot about the GameCube anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Maydan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:29 am Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:
omnistry wrote:
Actually.... forget it. Most people forgot about the GameCube anyway.

If you're talking about the Naruto fighting games, then I think it's worth mentioning. They were amazing Smile Otherwise, the very few that were there aren't really worth remembering.

I'm interested on how they're going to approach the game with the Wii-mote, hope it turns out to be a great game coz I fully intend on purchasing a Wii and a fun Bleach game would make it all the easier Very Happy
wolfcry
ANN Past Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:18 am Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:
ravager wrote:
The only person on this board I can see who would have a chance to a Wii is wolfcry.

.... Stop laughing, it's not funny anymore.

Oh....if only. I would love to get my hands on one, and I will as soon as is humanly possible in my position. However, I have been following it pretty closely and I can tell you this:

For the most part, the reaction to its unique interface has been positive. From the interviews I've seen with fans who tried it I would gather it is a pretty easy consol to pick up. The only complaints I have seen thus far have to do with something I was thinking about awhile back, which that it is awkward having to switch grips on the "remote" part of the controller when your other hand is occupied and you can't reach all the buttons. This isn't something I see Nintendo fixing by launch, but if that's the only problem I think this could be a really killer system. There is a lot of potential in a Bleach game for the Wii.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
chaos_epitaph

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:48 pm Reply with quote
There is plenty of potental for a Bleach game on any system. I just hope that all Bleach game from here-out are for the Wii. Because the frankly game line-ups for the Wii are rather sort and uninteresting, especially if your not into Mario.
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:37 pm Reply with quote
but how are you gonna hold the nunchuck and swing the controller like that at the same time? i imagine it would be very hard.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2