• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Limited to Release 009 RE:CYBORG on BD/DVD in UK

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trunkschan90

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:25 pm Reply with quote
On their facebook Anime Limited said it will be dubbed for home release by NYAV Post
https://www.facebook.com/alltheanime/posts/127143957461660?comment_id=111055&offset=0&total_comments=45
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:26 pm Reply with quote
I wonder who will get this for the US. Funimation maybe?
VinceA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Hope this gets a US release, otherwise I'm importing...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Here's hoping we find out soon, quite curious who's going to get it here, NYAV Post is doing a great job on Gundam Unicorn so I'm looking forward to their dub.

Same for Bebop, we need these both here on Blu ASAP with dual-audio Smile
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:25 pm Reply with quote
This better not end up like Welcome To The Space Show, which STILL has no US release despite being dubbed AND having a screening twice here. Mad
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully A U.S. release isn't too far off... *knockonwood*
trunkschan90

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:24 pm Reply with quote
With the new Cyborg 009 comic coming out by Archaia Entertainment in July (it's already up for Pre-order on Amazon) http://www.archaia.com/archaia-titles/cyborg-009/
and the original Cyborg 009 manga on Comixology http://www.comixology.com/Cyborg-009/comics-series/9119
They just have to release the movie in the U.S.
Perhaps this will give Sony the incentive to get off their butts and give us our Cyborg 009 anime boxsets which are way overdue. They could at least stream the series on Crackle.
Takuku

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:53 pm Reply with quote
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
This better not end up like Welcome To The Space Show, which STILL has no US release despite being dubbed AND having a screening twice here. Mad

I can't help but think this is a good thing somewhat. I mean it's nice for the UK to have something the US don't for a change.

Anywho, as for the news - this isn't new? I'm sure we had it confirmed for a home release at the time of the first announcement.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Well there goes my interests in the dub.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
hojo 360

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Takuku wrote:
ZeetherKID77 wrote:

I can't help but think this is a good thing somewhat. I mean it's nice for the UK to have something the US don't for a change.

Anywho, as for the news - this isn't new? I'm sure we had it confirmed for a home release at the time of the first announcement.
hows it good? the UK up in till now has been lazy that's not the US prob but the UK not haveing there own in house dubing company
E-Master

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:34 am Reply with quote
I too hope that the film won't take too long to get a US release. It be nice to see a proper release on any of the Cyborg 009 anime titles. Now if only the 2001 TV series can get released in it's entirety on DVD. Cause an 8 episode DVD does no justice for my anime collection when it's only 1/4 of a great TV series.
Tr1ckR

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:38 am Reply with quote
I've already pre-ordered the BD-Box from Amazon Japan. Cant wait to see it!
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Well there goes my interests in the dub.

Hmm. Why? They're doing a fantastic job on the Gundam Unicorn dub IMO. If they continue like that and keep improving with each project for their more ambitious dubs from here on out I think there's a very good chance they'll do a great dub for this.

And for this level of project they seem to have a good wide pool of talent to cast from since they also have gotten some of the excellent VAs that Bandai, Geneon, and currently Viz etc. got for a lot of their quality dubs for it since they seem to do casting on both coasts or something I guess(?), like Stephanie Sheh, Richard Epcar etc. and even a couple of really good Funi regulars are in the Unicorn cast.

I'd say we shouldn't judge them only on their 4Kids stuff but perhaps maybe you don't like the Unicorn dub either in which case nevermind heh.

E-Master wrote:
I too hope that the film won't take too long to get a US release. It be nice to see a proper release on any of the Cyborg 009 anime titles. Now if only the 2001 TV series can get released in it's entirety on DVD. Cause an 8 episode DVD does no justice for my anime collection when it's only 1/4 of a great TV series.

Totally agree, I want to own the rest. Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1