• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Nisemonogatari Sub.Blu-Ray

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Any of the shortcomings for these 11 episodes will have been overshadowed by the Second Season and recent Nekomonogatari: Black. It's not like the series was at all bad, just "less great" compared to BMG or Neko:B. Still excited for what's more to come this year, these characters and their stark modernist world are fun to simply observe.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:15 pm Reply with quote
I just wanted to say that I'll never look at my spoiler[toothbrush] the same ever again.

As far as the dialogue, I don't mind the waxing philosophy and whatnot because it does develop the characters motivations, thoughts, character, etc. It needs to be more balanced and woven together with the plot and that's something I fully agree with on the review.

Even so, I look forward to more.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:33 pm Reply with quote
No mention of the infamous toothbrush scene in the review? Theron, were you so bored by the first arc that you slept through episode eight???? I have to say, the story may have been weak and the pacing was atrocious, but boy, the fanservice was spectacularly awesome. And hooray for Koyomi spoiler[losing his virginity; good on ya, mate.]

Pretty much agree with the overall grade and the fact that the show was too meandering even for a -monogatari show. The edginess was a little eyebrow-raising for me but this was never a show I was going to lend or recommend to friends so I don't need to worry about them giving me weird looks.
Calibrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Overall (sub) : B
Story : B-
Animation : B+
Art : A-
Music : B+

+ Spectacular artistic touches, a couple of great twists and developments, interesting characters.
− Gets carried away with its chattiness, thin plotting stretched out, more edgy than it needs to be, retarded price tag.

You were missing something. I fixed it for you.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:46 pm Reply with quote
it only took 5 posts before Aniplex pricing was brought up, weee!
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:50 pm Reply with quote
^
Not a record though. Some threads have descended on the second or third posts. Five posts is barely above average.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:55 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
^
Not a record though. Some threads have descended on the second or third posts. Five posts is barely above average.

oh I know. I just felt like acting like the bat from R+V
kamui85

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:46 pm Reply with quote
i dont know if i posted about this before but does some know ehre to find the monogatari chronology? not the released dates, story likewise... (novels)
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:51 pm Reply with quote
kamui85 wrote:
i don't know if i posted about this before but does some know ehre to find the monogatari chronology? not the released dates, story likewise... (novels)

here ya go
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Monogatari_Series:Timeline
superdry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:00 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
^

I wonder how many posts before someone brings up the Ferrari analogy?
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:03 pm Reply with quote
^
Was that aimed at me? I know you quoted me, but were you aiming the barb at me, or just speaking in general?

Just curious.
superdry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:05 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
^
Was that aimed at me? I know you quoted me, but were you aiming the barb at me, or just speaking in general?

Just curious.

Nope, not a barb at all. Speaking in general.
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Ah good. I came up with it in the first place and have been aggrieved by how it has been hi-jacked and used in ways other than what it was intended for. Thus, I get a bit defensive when it gets criticised, even if the person criticising it is only referring to the bastardised version swimming around instead of my original version.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:47 pm Reply with quote

I think this sum's up nisemonogatari quite well. Keep in mind I loved the series but you gotta love the tune~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:51 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
No mention of the infamous toothbrush scene in the review? Theron, were you so bored by the first arc that you slept through episode eight????

Trying to forget the existence of that scene, and I pretty much figured that people would automatically understand that it's included in the general creepy/edgy comments. Not sure if that was intended as a joke or fan service or what, but that was nearly as disturbing as Koyomi regularly trying to feel up Hachikuji.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4