• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream Haiyore! Nyarko-san W Sequel Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:00 pm Reply with quote
This will likely be the best comedy of the season.

A Definate watch for me. Can't wait to see what anime references make it in this time and the Kamen Rider references will be fun too.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Confused Good news for the fans of the series but honestly Crunchyroll has only picked up 1 of the series I'm interested in thus far and there are like a dozen shows (if not more) I'm interested in seeing this season. At least there's still Space Brothers and Chihayafuru. Please tell me there are more announcements today... I apologize for complaining it's just their announcements so far have been... disappointing.
Key

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Chill. It's still very early in the whole process and CR often doesn't announce acquisitions until only a couple of days before they air. (And sometimes not even that far in advance.)

As for the new season of Nyarko-san, it would have been a surprise if CR hadn't picked it up, given that they have streamed all previous franchise content.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Naturally I'm happy that this season is A: getting broadcast, and B: getting legal streaming. Of course, I'll be using AwfulSubs instead of directly using Crunchyroll, for two reasons. I hate CR's player and will never use it again if I can help it, plus I want something I can archive. But yeah, good on Crunchyroll.
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:17 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Naturally I'm happy that this season is A: getting broadcast, and B: getting legal streaming. Of course, I'll be using AwfulSubs instead of directly using Crunchyroll, for two reasons. I hate CR's player and will never use it again if I can help it, plus I want something I can archive. But yeah, good on Crunchyroll.

But you do stream the series in the background while you're doing something else, yes? That way Crunchyroll kicks a bit of revenue back to the creators.
kanechin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:19 pm Reply with quote
this just in- crunchyroll loses more money.....
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:36 pm Reply with quote
kanechin wrote:

This was one of the most popular anime on 4chan during its season(and I imagine that 4chan will be busy again with it this season). I imagine this is one of Crunchyroll's more popular streams that hasn't been licensed for home video.

Do you have any basis to believe that Nyarko-san is unpopular?
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:46 pm Reply with quote
(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Enjoyed the first season, so I'll watch this.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:02 pm Reply with quote
kanechin wrote:

How so? Using the MAL yardstick, 22 thousand people reported completing the first series, that seems like a decent audience. Comparatively, Space Brothers, which has been running for an entire year now, has fewer than 20 thousand people in total, with less than 12 thousand reporting that they're currently watching it.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:09 pm Reply with quote
I saw this coming from miles away but looking forward to how the presentation will be delivered. Hope for some good laughs~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:18 am Reply with quote
Next step would be a proper adaptation of the Cthulhu mythos.
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:28 am Reply with quote
dm wrote:
But you do stream the series in the background while you're doing something else, yes? That way Crunchyroll kicks a bit of revenue back to the creators.

Of course I don't waste my time setting up a stream I won't even watch. Call me an old fogey, but I kick money back to the creators through actually buying the goddamn show.
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:13 am Reply with quote
I liked and will watch season 2! would collect season one but no one state side has picked it up yet,
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:00 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
dm wrote:

Of course I don't waste my time setting up a stream I won't even watch. Call me an old fogey, but I kick money back to the creators through actually buying the goddamn show.

whatever works for you dtm

I am very excited about this season, I wonder if they actually will get married this season like they joked that the title was indicating.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2