• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shout! Factory Adds Leiji Matsumoto's Starzinger/Spaceketeers

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Probably what you can more realistically hope for with long old series like that. I tried watching the first episode, and even as a Leijiverse fan, it just wasn't for me. Maybe the films will be more digestible.
GhostOfSide3

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Definitely buying it.
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Is there any plan to release this show subtitled and uncut? Because anime fans (even the old school fans) would like to see this in uncut subtitled format.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
yamiangie

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:07 pm Reply with quote
with Shout!'s track record what are the odds this is what William Winckler Productions did?
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Man between Discotek, Nozomi & Shout, theres a lot of old anime coming out, tis a good time to be a retroist!
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:53 am Reply with quote
Not interested in the dubbed compilation. But if they release in an uncut subtitled format then I'll buy it.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:54 am Reply with quote
Soundmonkey44 wrote:
Man between Discotek, Nozomi & Shout, theres a lot of old anime coming out, tis a good time to be a retroist!

Agreed, this is a good time for anime fans to get to know the old school anime. Time to give old school anime (even the timeless classic one) exposure to US anime audiences.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:58 am Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
Soundmonkey44 wrote:

Agreed, this is a good time for anime fans to get to know the old school anime. Time to give old school anime (even the timeless classic one) exposure to US anime audiences.

The exposure only happens if people seeking it out online or purchase it. That requires action and knowledge of what you're looking for. Sailor Moon and DBZ don't enjoy their nostalgia reigning status by accident, it's because they were thrust upon the baby boom's echo generation by virtue of running at the perfect time after school.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:14 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
mdo7 wrote:
Soundmonkey44 wrote:

The exposure only happens if people seeking it out online or purchase it. That requires action and knowledge of what you're looking for. Sailor Moon and DBZ don't enjoy their nostalgia reigning status by accident, it's because they were thrust upon the baby boom's echo generation by virtue of running at the perfect time after school.

This is why I loved Crunchyroll and Hulu for, showing anime in another format and it works. This is how I got chance to watch Captain Harlock, Fist of the North Star using online streaming site. I'm sure there are anime fans out there that want to watch old school anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1