• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: PictureBox to Release New Gay Erotic Manga Anthology Next Year

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Cool! Can't wait! Anime hyper Which reminds me, I still have to buy the Gengoroh Togame book. Will this be a one-shot anthology or will it serialize titles?
jrnemanich

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:13 pm Reply with quote
The Mad Manga Massacre wrote:
Cool! Can't wait! Anime hyper Which reminds me, I still have to buy the Gengoroh Togame book. Will this be a one-shot anthology or will it serialize titles?

Going to guess one shots or VERY short serialized titles.
katscradle

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Yes, very cool. I'm loving my Tagame book that's currently sitting on the coffee table. Hopefully, I'll be able to get this new book next year. The extra material they have planned sounds good too:
Quote:
Massive goes beyond simply translating the artists' work, offering an intimate, in-depth look at an essential (but criminally overlooked) queer culture that challenges and transcends stereotypes of gender and sexuality. In addition to comics and illustrations, Massive features some of the first photos of these artists; background information providing cultural and historical context; and first-person interviews about what it's like to be a gay erotic artist in Japan.
Fallenmessiahx

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:31 am Reply with quote
Awesome! I already have a copy of Gengoroh Togame's book. So glad there will be more bara artists work translated for the west. I kind of like the idea of the collection being a sampler platter of different artists. Might help people discover new artists.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1