• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sega Files for 'Sonic Lost World' Trademark in Europe

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CCharmanderK

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:06 pm Reply with quote
"Lost World" makes me think that they're going back to the epic style of gameplay and storytelling that characterized the Adventure series. Recent games have definitely shown that Sonic Team is capable of making a great game if given enough time to develop it (Colors and Generations, most notably), so I think that now is the best time to phase back over to the more epic game style of the Adventure series, adding in some Colors/Generations elements for flavor.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:51 pm Reply with quote
CCharmanderK wrote:
"Lost World" makes me think that they're going back to the epic style of gameplay and storytelling that characterized the Adventure series. Recent games have definitely shown that Sonic Team is capable of making a great game if given enough time to develop it (Colors and Generations, most notably), so I think that now is the best time to phase back over to the more epic game style of the Adventure series, adding in some Colors/Generations elements for flavor.

As much as I like the Adventure series, there's a small but INSANELY vocal contingent of the Sonic fanbase that rabidly hates them and they yell so damn loud Sega may listen to them.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:40 am Reply with quote
I don't understand "epic gamestyle."

I want a cool story involving the cast beyond Sonic, Eggman, and Newguy the Newmammal. It'd be nice if the game was good, but we've passed the bridge where that honestly matters. The Sonic series is an art fan's/character desginer's wet dream.
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:44 am Reply with quote
Lost world sounds like it could be a new Adventure-esque game and rumors of an Adventure 3 (proper anyway Sonic 06 was sort of a bad example of an Adventure 3) have been swirling the last year or a new Sonic storybook game. Here's hoping for a new Adventure title. Kind of hope they would go off the 2.5D for a while and make a more straight up 3D game. I did like Colors and Generations enough but still hoping for something more akin to Adventure and Adventure 2.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:38 am Reply with quote
SONIC X JURRASIC PARK ALL RIIIIGHT!
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:14 am Reply with quote
Yuki_Kun45 wrote:
Kind of hope they would go off the 2.5D for a while and make a more straight up 3D game. I did like Colors and Generations enough but still hoping for something more akin to Adventure and Adventure 2.

This. I want a straight up 3D sonic game, I don't care how butt hurt the 'old gen' fans are, if anyone wanted to play sonic side scroll they'd get the older games or handheld games.

I don't really know what kind of game it could be without at least a summary, but I'm glad sega's still doing something with sonic and I hope its successful.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1