• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digimon Frontier DVDs Listed by U.S. Retailer

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:17 am Reply with quote
Already preordered. My favorite season of the series. =3

And I can confirm that this, Tamers, 02 boxsets and the Adventure singles all have closed captioning.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:32 am Reply with quote
I still have that small glimmer of hope the subbed sets will show up some day v_v...
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:39 am Reply with quote
Will this set really sell all that well? Wasn't it the least loved Digimon season till 'Young Hunters' came along?
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:45 am Reply with quote
zeo1fan wrote:
Will this set really sell all that well? Wasn't it the least loved Digimon season till 'Young Hunters' came along?

02 is actually worst than Frontier, plot wise. It was a mess, but people still enjoyed it for various reasons.
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:04 am Reply with quote
Kazemon15 wrote:
zeo1fan wrote:

02 is actually worst than Frontier, plot wise. It was a mess, but people still enjoyed it for various reasons.

Well, what do people commonly love about Frontier?
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 am Reply with quote
While it was really different, I quite enjoyed Frontier, and it was the last Digimon series I have seen. If I could ever get the money rounded up, I'd love to buy all of the first 4 series, so I can relive some of my childhood memories!
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:51 am Reply with quote
Wow! All these Digimon DVDs are coming out QUICK. I wonder if they'll release Data Squad, since the first half was released by another company (Well Go USA) not too long ago. It would also be cool if they released the Digimon movies (at least the ones that are dubbed).
Jen Bigby

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:15 am Reply with quote
zeo1fan wrote:

Also it's dub-only apparently so a lot of people will definitely pass. Sad
xScar

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:52 am Reply with quote
Jen Bigby wrote:
zeo1fan wrote:

Totally untrue. While having the Japanese audio and subs might've made more people interested in it, those actually wanting Digimon Frontier will get it regardless. They won't pass it simply because it's dub only -- they know Digimon because of the dub, after all. This is also the first time it's ever been released outside of its tv airings.
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:59 am Reply with quote
xScar wrote:
Jen Bigby wrote:
zeo1fan wrote:

Totally untrue. While having the Japanese audio and subs might've made more people interested in it, those actually wanting Digimon Frontier will get it regardless. They won't pass it simply because it's dub only -- they know Digimon because of the dub, after all. This is also the first time it's ever been released outside of its tv airings.
To boot, they were pretty decent especially for dubs of a show aimed towards children in the country of redistribution. Can't wait for Data Squad!
Crispy45

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:21 am Reply with quote
xScar wrote:
While having the Japanese audio and subs might've made more people interested in it, those actually wanting Digimon Frontier will get it regardless.

Um, what? I actually want Frontier but I dislike hackjob dubs. I will not buy an edited dub-release 'regardless' >_> Uncut releases are the only ones that matter. You should never have to settle for less 'regardless' =\ The dub for Digimon is so bad it's like a whole 'nother show.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:31 am Reply with quote
Jen Bigby wrote:
zeo1fan wrote:

You know, the first two seasons were dub-only, and they were the highest selling anime on Amazon when they were released.

Anyway, Frontier is my least favorite Digimon season by far, but I'll still buy it to show my support. And then maybe they'll release Savers, too.
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:58 am Reply with quote
That reminds me, I still needa get 02 & Tamers. Glad to see Frontier coming out as well though.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:01 am Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:
While it was really different, I quite enjoyed Frontier, and it was the last Digimon series I have seen. If I could ever get the money rounded up, I'd love to buy all of the first 4 series, so I can relive some of my childhood memories!

Same here, it was different and I really liked it. Definitely going to pick this up with the others I've already gotten.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:21 am Reply with quote
It never got a NA DVD release until now, the Japanese DVDs are out of print, and the dub isn't completely awful... so I'm getting it(and Tamers).

They can keep Adventure, 02, and "Data Squad" until they decide to fork over a subbed release.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2