• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: AnimEigo expands distribution

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenchi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 2:29 am Reply with quote
Just three words I can say...

ABOUT BLOODY TIME!!!

Woohoo! Urusei Yatsura (not counting Beautiful Dreamer), Kimagure Orange Road (not counting Summer's Beginning) and You're Under Arrest (not counting the Mini-Specials and YUA: The Movie) on the racks and shelves at the local HMV and Metro Video at long, long last!!!

And no more fricking border fees...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tenchi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:37 am Reply with quote
Actually, come to think of it, around the time that AnimEigo went into near hibernation around 1998 or so, you could find at least the dubbed You're Under Arrest and Oh My Goddess VHS tapes at HMV, and not even just the downtown HMV but also the Fairview HMV, and, yes, in the mid-90s, you'd find a handful of Urusei Yatsura tapes at Montreal-area comic book stores, so it's not like AnimEigo never had any Canadian distribution before, just, not counting old, unsold stock, I haven't seen AE stuff on store shelves here in Montreal for about half a decade, having to order the Urusei Yatsura DVDs direct from AE.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
king_micah

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Now if CPM only will release BlackJack on DVD.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:36 pm Reply with quote
king_micah wrote:
Now if CPM only will release BlackJack on DVD.

I'm still waiting for them to get Here is Greenwood on DVD! Somehow I get this feeling that it's on the bottom of their list. Sad

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tenchi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Is there a CPM connection to the little news snippet, because it seems to be just about KOCH and AnimEigo?
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Nah, just wishful day dreaming.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:48 pm Reply with quote
*L* I agree with Tenchi. Good timing too. UY Movie 1 is coming out on DVD less then a month. Sweet, sweet times.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1