• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
AX on [i]Good Day Live[/i]?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hagakure

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 11:59 pm Reply with quote
My brother today told me that he saw an anime convention on the morining news magazine Good Day Live.

He said it was in California so I assumed it might be AX (not double checking the dates)

Either way, I got a kick out of what he told me next.

The man reporting for GDL there couldn't stop making references to Pokemon, making random generalzations that "This over here is by the people who brought you Pokemon" gesturing to many random things, like Gundam models. Then he moved in to make a commentary on the difference between Pokemon and Digimon.

I got a good laugh from what my brother told me and we then discussed some of those generalzations. (Somehow I got into a rant about Disney and Ghibli films. I must mention that my brother has no interest in anime, and thus he didn't know what I meant. The only anime he has seen is the last two episodes of Eva. And those episodes were bad. And by bad I mean awful. Imust also mention that those eps. are the only Eva him and I both have seen.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1