• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Also Stream Monogatari Series 2nd Season Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dop.L

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:10 pm Reply with quote
AUGUST 6th?
Micro_Ice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Dop.L wrote:
AUGUST 6th?

A month delay! Daisuki has the rights to the simulcast
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:12 pm Reply with quote
[Monty Burns steepled fingers pose]Ehhhhhxcellent.[/Monty Burns steepled fingers pose]

eta: er, excellent that CR got this, but not excellent about the delay.

Last edited by Blood- on Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Hmm...a month delay. Well, still glad CR got this :3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Damn, a month delay? I guess Daisuki et al. do want more control in distribution and viewership if they're gonna delay THAT much. Has anything else been delayed so long before, not counting pre-airs? If you're watching the episodes a month later, it might as well not even happen, the discussion you could participate in will be long gone.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm really happy CR got this one. I can wait a month. No problem.

Does anyone know if you have to watch the movie to understand this season? I've seen Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari, but nothing else.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:49 pm Reply with quote
well, the movie is not out yet, so no
halochief_90

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Ah well, the series runs for six months anyway. If I want to watch the ending the moment it airs I can always switch to Daisuke in the last month.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:09 pm Reply with quote
here-and-faraway wrote:
Does anyone know if you have to watch the movie to understand this season? I've seen Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari, but nothing else.

You'll need to see Nekomonogatari Black. It's a four episode TV special which leads into this "2nd season".
traveling

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Daisuke's website has improved some since launch, but I don't know if it's enough to make me simulcast a 2-cour series. I may put up with CR's 1 month delay. I'm glad they got it though.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
here-and-faraway wrote:

You'll need to see Nekomonogatari Black. It's a four episode TV special which leads into this "2nd season".

Thank you for the help!
Wakazhi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:32 pm Reply with quote
I hope Crunchyroll can do what they did with Little Busters: start streaming the recent episodes for the people who are following the series (to beat the fansubs that people are gonna use instead of Daisuki) and then do the earlier episodes in the following weeks.

Daisuki is essentially defeating the purpose of combating against fansubs. WAY more people know about Crunchyroll and rely only on it concerning legal streaming (I'm one of those people). So if this show doesn't get on CR as the show airs, a lot of people who don't see it on CR will just go to fansubs for this show specifically, and then go to CR for the other shows they want to follow. I'm not gonna settle for watching THIS series on my small laptop monitor when I have a means to watch it on my TV (which is why I hope CR goes with the Little Busters strategy of streaming).
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
here-and-faraway wrote:

I do not think you need to watch Nekomonogatari Black first. Nekomonogatari Black occurs between Kizumonogatari and Bakemonogatari. Watching Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari should suffice before watching the 2nd Season.

Here is the chronology: http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire4/b59ceff4b1d9e96aea6f60ea3230c7981370875552_full.png
Exaar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Very glad CR picked this up. The delay is unfortunate, but I will gladly wait as I watch my anime through a Roku on my large TV, and CR supports that while Daisuki does not. The comfort of viewing as I wish makes up for the delay.

Also re: chronology - Nekomonogatari (Black) is a fantastic OVA (better than Nise- by far) but as others said, it is actually a prequel to Bake-. It takes place just before Bakeomonogatari. So you will not be any worse off for not having seen it going into 2nd Season, though I still recommend you do so when you get the chance.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:55 pm Reply with quote
i will watch it on Daisuki. Daisuki is selling toys in Japanese yen. lol I don't think this is going to work.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2