• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Confirms Little Busters! BD Release

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:27 pm Reply with quote
3 months after the final volume is released in Japan. isnt that a little too soon?
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:35 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
3 months after the final volume is released in Japan. isnt that a little too soon?

Probably just the first half?

Anyway, I really just don't care; Even the "World's Greatest Dub" wouldn't get this turkey into the air.
stove top stuffing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Damn. I may have to buy this now despite all my bitching about it while it aired. I will give J.C. staff the benefit of the doubt if they don't screw up refrain though.

There will be a dub for this right? Well, I will watch to see who they cast for Rin and Haruka(though Keiko Suzuki changed the voice for the anime. I liked the VN voice she did better.) because if the right English VA aren't selected I will watch the sub version.
acetatsujin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:05 pm Reply with quote
stove top stuffing wrote:
Damn. I may have to buy this now despite all my bitching about it while it aired. I will give J.C. staff the benefit of the doubt if they don't screw up refrain though.

There will be a dub for this right? Well, I will watch to see who they cast for Rin and Haruka(though Keiko Suzuki changed the voice for the anime. I liked the VN voice she did better.) because if the right English VA aren't selected I will watch the sub version.

If you've played the VN, you'd know Refrain will be damn good. Little Busters isn't something like Muv-Luv Alternative, it starts out slow and builds up from there. Refrain anime arc will be a pretty good season. Looking forward to it.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
getchman wrote:

Anyway, I really just don't care; Even the "World's Greatest Dub" wouldn't get this turkey into the air.
Honestly it wasn't THAT bad. They made it a lot cornier than it should've been and could've done much better but it wasn't BAD. Hoping Refrain will be much better with all the extra money they got from the sales.
grooven

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Animegomaniac wrote:
getchman wrote:

Honestly it wasn't THAT bad. They made it a lot cornier than it should've been and could've done much better but it wasn't BAD. Hoping Refrain will be much better with all the extra money they got from the sales.

No it wasn't that bad. It wasn't fantastic either. It was a good effort. They did some nice touches that improved on some scenes. I pray they fix some of my issues in Refrain as well, since they can show case it better in anime form.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:29 pm Reply with quote
hmm well i'm just going to stick with the source material on this one. Given sentai's latest track record with bd releases I'm not going to even bother until it goes in the bargain bin 4-5 years later down the road.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
hmm well i'm just going to stick with the source material on this one. Given sentai's latest track record with bd releases I'm not going to even bother until it goes in the bargain bin 4-5 years later down the road.

Actually, their "latest" blurays have been fine. Even Mysterious Girlfriend X, which was solicited as a 1080i release, ended up being 1080p and looking good. Dusk Maiden, Another, and others have been fine. It seems Colorful was their last release with an issue, and it was a relatively short scene, though a very unfortunate one to have PQ issues.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:31 pm Reply with quote
How is this compared to the game? I had been playing it but now I'm playing Hoshizora No Memoria and...VNs are long as SHIT so I'm thinking of just watching the show first and then playing the VN (I'm waiting for an Ecstasy translation patch anyway).
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
How is this compared to the game? I had been playing it but now I'm playing Hoshizora No Memoria and...VNs are long as SHIT so I'm thinking of just watching the show first and then playing the VN (I'm waiting for an Ecstasy translation patch anyway).

It's a bit of mess IMO I really would say stick with vn but if you want to watch the anime feel free.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:41 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
Actually, their "latest" blurays have been fine. Even Mysterious Girlfriend X, which was solicited as a 1080i release, ended up being 1080p and looking good. Dusk Maiden, Another, and others have been fine. It seems Colorful was their last release with an issue, and it was a relatively short scene, though a very unfortunate one to have PQ issues.

I thought Colorful was fine. Justin Sevakis said in a recent ANN Cast that there are no issues with the video in Colorful. I actually finished watching my BD set of Dusk Maiden of Amnesia today, and it looks very good to me.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:06 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
dragonrider_cody wrote:

I thought Colorful was fine. Justin Sevakis said in a recent ANN Cast that there are no issues with the video in Colorful. I actually finished watching my BD set of Dusk Maiden of Amnesia today, and it looks very good to me.

The scene in colorful really didn't' look that bad to me either. The bit rate definitely dropped, and the picture wasn't great, but it certainly wasn't terrible. I have many blurays and DVDs that look far, far worse. Of course, it could be an issue that is more noticeable on certain equipment.
Niyari

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:37 am Reply with quote
i had no idea it was planned to be DVD only. either way, good news
Little_Hawk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:44 am Reply with quote
About the Refrain Arc... what about Yuiko Kurugaya's arc? They're not just going to completely skip it are they?
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:34 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
getchman wrote:

It's Sentai, so the dub will likely be terrible.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2