• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Remaster List

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animerican14

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:38 pm Reply with quote
How many pages are in that art book? I've always liked Kosuke Fujishima's art, so I imagine there are some pretty works of his there.

Anyway, Tales of Xilia's LE set was something I had (loosely) considered a number of times pre-ordering over the summer. And every time, I've denied myself of it-- due to a combination of not having played a Tales game since Symphonia (so would I want to invest $100 in a Tales game in the first place?), my being busy with a few other games, and the question of where I would put a Milla Maxwell figure comfortably in my house. It was.... probably a good decision, in the end. Thanks for your review of it! If I'm going to get a collector's edition, it'll probably be for whatever comes with MGS V: The Phantom Pain.

And that new hair of Millia Rage.... that's kinda amazing. Are the little "flowers" in her hair strewn from her own hair, too? Japan, never lose your character designers. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:53 pm Reply with quote
I can never watch Duck Tales the same way again after seeing that "Scientifically Accurate" video.

Curse you!
IanC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Monster Monpiece isnt that bad really. Its a card game with a fanservice bent, thats all.
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:19 pm Reply with quote
They won't touch straight-up visual novels that aren't otome games. Great titles like Fate Stay/night, Grisaia no Kajitsu, and Little Busters! all have Vita ports that will never see the light of day in the West. Supposedly they lack "gameplay." Maybe the idea of gameplay needs expanding?

spoiler[I'm aware of the PC version fan translations, but those reach a smaller audience than an all-ages release on a handheld.]
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm honestly shocked that Fate/Stay Night has never gotten any kind of official localization on either consoles, handhelds or PC. They are even bringing over side games like Fate/Unlimited Codes, Fate/Extra and its anime are very popular over here as well. You'd think there would be a market.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Ducktales! spoiler[a woo oo]
varmintx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:02 pm Reply with quote
I was sure Ducktales was a '90s show, but sure enough, '87-'90 was its run according to Wikipedia.

I'm surprised that the standard version (which is actually called the "Limited Edition") of Xillia came with a character book and CD sampler as well. I have no idea when I'll actually get around to playing it as it wasn't that long ago I finally got around to Vesperia, still haven't finished The Last of Us, I was going to play The Last Story first, there's always GT5 on the weekends, the last episodes of Breaking Bad are about to start, I always have more movies to watch...ummm, it'll be a while.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:31 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
I'm honestly shocked that Fate/Stay Night has never gotten any kind of official localization on either consoles, handhelds or PC. They are even bringing over side games like Fate/Unlimited Codes, Fate/Extra and its anime are very popular over here as well. You'd think there would be a market.

It's a Visual Novel with a wordcount approaching NEARLY TWICE The Lord Of The Rings.

It's not getting localized any time soon.
Animerican14

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

It's a Visual Novel with a wordcount approaching NEARLY TWICE The Lord Of The Rings.

It's not getting localized any time soon.

Heh, actually approaching the end of the "Fate" route of Fate/Stay-Night myself-- the first of three routes!-- such a word count doesn't surprise me. However, as super-good as F/SN is (sans the handful of scenes of erotica that betrays all the characters involved and is just embarrassing), I think the VN has more padding than the LOTR trilogy. Laughing

Addressing your other point, I think a localization could actually work if a publisher pays Mirror Moon for their F/SN translation and adjusts it for coherency as needed. That's what JAST USA has done with some VN games, isn't it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Good luck getting Mirror Moon to do that.

But yeah, there is way too much padding in FSN. Way too much. There could be some fat-trimming and it would still be good.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:23 pm Reply with quote
I was kicking myself after finding out there was a LE for The Last of Us that had a Joel and Ellie statue (there were several LE versions, I just missed seeing this one) so I'm glad I got a pre-order for the Xillia LE. The Milla figure looks great, and 4 hours into the game and I'm really enjoying it so far.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Todd as usually lacks basic mathematical skills and basic research skills.

The xillia CE while not as limited as Ni No Kuni still sold out months in advance and is quite limited. The going price on amazon is at minimum 160 and copies on ebay are selling for 130+ at the time of this comment. A 30 to 60 percent increase on retail price of 99.99 is generally considered a large profit by most and although not on the level of the mark up of Ni No Kuni (around 3-3.5), its far from the common place and bargain bin item your article seems to suggest. And it will probably only increase over time. Vesperia CE sells for quite a bit compared to its retail price.

And also where is the outrage of Senran Kagura that came with Dragon's Crown.

Last edited by CrownKlown on Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Animehermit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Good luck getting Mirror Moon to do that.

But yeah, there is way too much padding in FSN. Way too much. There could be some fat-trimming and it would still be good.

It's nice to know the anime had the same problem as the VN.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:53 pm Reply with quote
My box was a bit more than dinged, with a large crease/fold going down one side about an inch away from the edge. Annoying, but not a big deal in this case.

Animerican14 wrote:
How many pages are in that art book? I've always liked Kosuke Fujishima's art, so I imagine there are some pretty works of his there.

The one that comes with the Collector's Edition is 100 pages. The "LE" comes with a "Profiles Book" that I assume is much, much smaller and not hardcover.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:39 pm Reply with quote
The Duck Tales song is now back in my head.

And IT WILL NEVER LEAVE. I had pushed this game to the back for a few months, focusing on Dragon's Crown and the like, and then BOOM.

Day 1 buy most likely.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2