• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Coppellion 'Reboot' TV Anime's Promo Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Looks okay I guess. I've been following the manga of this so far and it's somewhat enjoyable. I hope the anime will adapt it well. The concept is appealing to me anyways.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kosaka

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:27 pm Reply with quote
A small point, if Angela is

person#14061

then Angela isn't a singer, but consists of two people.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:52 am Reply with quote
Woah, this looks pretty awesome.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:41 am Reply with quote
They should rename it Fukushima. Smile
danilo07

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:54 am Reply with quote
The animation looks good,however characters have this thick lines which create contrast between them and background.I will definitely watch this though.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:59 am Reply with quote
This looks like GoHands' handy work, does it?
configspace

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:31 am Reply with quote
Artwork, cinematography, animation quality looks fantastic. Hopefully they keep it up for the whole show
YumeHunter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:21 pm Reply with quote
You can basically say when you look at the PV that GoHands is the animation studio. It looks exactly like K.
Maciste

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:35 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
They should rename it Fukushima. Smile

This is not a subject of jokey matter and you should feel bad for it.
Gatherum

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:42 am Reply with quote
Dat lush, post-apocalyptic landscape! o.o

Honestly, song didn't fit vid, but fudge it, I'm on board. Lot of interesting-looking shit coming out this season. I'm actually rather thrilled! Very Happy
GhostShell

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:47 pm Reply with quote
The animation looked sufficiently enticing. I'll certainly be keeping an eye open for this anime.
vashna

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I agree that it is a little rude to make a joke about the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power accident here. As for the actual source material, though, this looks pretty solid. I'm usually not too much of a big fan of reboots, but I might make an exception for this and the upcoming Ghost in the Shell package.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:17 pm Reply with quote
This looks surprisingly cool. That's certainly the loveliest nuclear wasteland that I've ever seen.

There was more action in this trailer than I'd expected. Then again, I wasn't sure what to expect from this series.

I like the look of these characters. The schoolgirl premise is questionable, but they're drawn with reasonable proportions and relatively distinctive appearances. I'm hopeful that we'll get some admirable, badass protagonists here. I'm not sure just what the roles of all the characters will be. The synopsis refers to three girls, but there are six listed. I wonder if the others are a second team or antagonists. They're clearly fighting something, but there's little indication of what.

I think I'm going to like the black-haired one, I believe that's Haruto Kurosawa, best. I'm pretty sure that she punched the Hell out of well. However, the androgynous one, presumably Taeko Nomura, seems like a potential dark horse contender.

vashna wrote:
I'm usually not too much of a big fan of reboots, but I might make an exception for this and the upcoming Ghost in the Shell package.

Well, this isn't quite a 'reboot' in the usual sense. Coppelion was announced in September of 2010, but was seemingly killed quietly after the Fukushima Daiichi disaster. It's a reboot in the sense that they've revived a project that was never aired.

I wonder what changes they made consequent to the Fukushima Daiichi disaster. Perhaps it was just a matter of waiting until most of the public sensitivity about it had faded.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
vashna

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:44 pm Reply with quote
I remember hearing that there was a change with another show about an earthquake considering the Tohoku-Sendai earthquake and tsunami. In that case they had merely waited long enough for it not to be an issue. I wonder if that is what they did in this case, like you were saying Surrender Artist. As for the schoolgirls, I hate to say it but it's a common anime cliche. It's not like it's something that I feel we're going to get away from any time soon, so I sort of glossed over that part.

I have to admit that as a fan I do like to see a strong, independent female in a seifuku like Kasugano Sakura from the Street Fighter Alpha series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1