• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - September 30th - October 6th

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Someone_II

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Totally random question: If YTVs proposition is allowed will you bother to put all those on this list too? Laughing
emory

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Someone_II wrote:
Totally random question: If YTVs proposition is allowed will you bother to put all those on this list too? Laughing

Well since he doesn't include The Anime Network or the FUNimation Channel....

Besides, this is more of a helper to find anime scattered across the dial. You can tune into an all anime channel and expect to find anime.
keepergirl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:54 pm Reply with quote
I think someone mentioned this issue last week in the forums, but does anyone know why the weekday reruns of Naruto on Cartoon Network were taken off? More importantly, does anyone know if they'll return? I was hoping they'd at least be on until they caught up to the Saturday airings.

Thanks again, LordByronius, for letting all us lazy people know where to get our televised anime fix.
Someone_II

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:10 pm Reply with quote
emory wrote:
Well since he doesn't include The Anime Network or the FUNimation Channel....

Besides, this is more of a helper to find anime scattered across the dial. You can tune into an all anime channel and expect to find anime.

Dude, I was joking. I know how outrageous it would be to expect him to cover all that. It was in the news today so I thought I'd make a crack about it. You need to chill out a bit.
emory

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Someone_II wrote:
Dude, I was joking. I know how outrageous it would be to expect him to cover all that. It was in the news today so I thought I'd make a crack about it. You need to chill out a bit.

How would I have interpreted it that way when there have been many completely literal instances of this request at places like Anime on TV?
Samurai-with-glasses

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Someone_II wrote:
That post does not particularly seem to be hostile, though. I don't see the need to, you know, "chill."

Anyway, I love the Click. You never know what weirdness channels like Encore would put forward for me to catch; and the descriptions are always oh-so-funny. Wink
halochief_90

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Just to clear things up, I don't think next week's Eureka 7 (on YTV) will be episode 6. Due to last week's 4 episode run of Naruto, Eureka 7 wasn't played. Maybe its just another YTV screw up, but episode 4 of E7 should be playing next week.

(Check's Rerun section) Another repeat of Inuyasha? It seems YTV may be taking the same approach as CN and play the last 5 or so episodes in one go...
Someone_II

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:54 pm Reply with quote
emory wrote:
How would I have interpreted it that way when there have been many completely literal instances of this request at places like Anime on TV?
The Laughing smily generally conotates a joke. Sorry if it sounded like I was serious when I wrote that first one and sorry if i got a bit angry in the second one.

Samurai-with-glasses wrote:
That post does not particularly seem to be hostile, though. I don't see the need to, you know, "chill."
I was a bit pissy about something when I wrote that, sorry about that.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Awesome job once again, LordByronius. It's great to have all these listings in one place and to read your hilarious openings and comments. But why was there no Click last week?

Anyway, about Naruto. I would consider episode 54 to be the start of the third season, since that episode marks the change to a new opening (in the Japanese version, of course). Also, episode 53 is not only rated TV-PG, but it is rated TV-PGDS, because Cartoon Network loves Ninte...

Wait, no, that's for "some suggestive dialogue (D)" and "some sexual situations (S)". It's no wonder why, though!
Duo Maxwell

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Hmmmm, this week's episode of Naruto should be interesting, not because of where they are in the story, but because of Jiraiya's voice; that little tid-bit at the end of last week's episode wasn't enough for me.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:16 pm Reply with quote
So far, Naruto is very fillerful, just like last episode, but I like Jiraiya's voice, but I have nothing to compare him to.

Anyway, I like that Viz Media and Cartoon Network aren't afraid to have sexual references in this episode, even though some nosebleeds seem to have been edited (for the most part...).

EDIT: I missed the first few minutes of this episode of Naruto, but after seeing the new animation in the ending, and I brought it up to my sister, who saw the whole episode, she said there was a new opening, too! It was Haruka Kanata by Ajikan! The whole song! She said it had some old animation, some new animation, and some opening animation. It's weird, though, because Haruka Kanata is the opening for the second season in Japanese.

Anyway, I'm disappointed I missed that new opening, but I can't wait to see it next week!
Duo Maxwell

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Call it a coincidence, but I too missed the opening. Shucks, I really liked that song; ah well, something to look forward to next week.

On a different note,LordByronius,whats with the descripition for Bo-Bobo? I know the shows crazy and hard to keep up with, but the synopsis for this week's episode was but merely a joke. Isn't this column called , 'The Click', not, 'The Schtick'? Wink
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:49 am Reply with quote
Duo Maxwell wrote:

On a different note,LordByronius,whats with the descripition for Bo-Bobo? I know the shows crazy and hard to keep up with, but the synopsis for this week's episode was but merely a joke. Isn't this column called , 'The Click', not, 'The Schtick'? :wink:

You should read the fine print.

The Fine Print wrote:

Brian Hanson and 'The Click' enter-tain-imation column reserve the right to change episode summaries should Brian Hanson and/or 'The Click' inter-netualized column find the actual episode boring, difficult to understand, or sufficiently lacking in nudity and comedic pratfalls.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Duo Maxwell

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:07 pm Reply with quote
LordByronius wrote:
Duo Maxwell wrote:

On a different note,LordByronius,whats with the descripition for Bo-Bobo? I know the shows crazy and hard to keep up with, but the synopsis for this week's episode was but merely a joke. Isn't this column called , 'The Click', not, 'The Schtick'? Wink

You should read the fine print.

The Fine Print wrote:

Brian Hanson and 'The Click' enter-tain-imation column reserve the right to change episode summaries should Brian Hanson and/or 'The Click' inter-netualized column find the actual episode boring, difficult to understand, or sufficiently lacking in nudity and comedic pratfalls.

Thats some fine print! According to it, you could've been lying to us this whole time about what we watch, record and socialize about with our friends and family! My life is crumbling before my very eyes! Rolling Eyes
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Since I have no desire to watch Eureka 7, I have only these synopses to go on to see if anything's worth talking about.

Ray and Charles. I think I'm going to hurt myself.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2