• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 40 Episodes in Yawara Box 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:49 pm Reply with quote
40 episodes in one box.....damn that is crazy. Well lets see 40 episodes so probably at least 200 dollars right? I am so excited for this series, this is going to be my most expensive purchase since Bandai F'ed me over with the limited edition Zeta box.....I hate you bandai.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Nabeshin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:57 pm Reply with quote
I'm just glad to see AnimEigo's still in the anime game...
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Nabeshin wrote:
I'm just glad to see AnimEigo's still in the anime game...

That like the big joke over there that they been gone for the last 10 years or whatever...I am glad that they decided on such a great series, I for one was not expecting this to ever be licenesed.
sorvani

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
I am glad that they decided on such a great series, I for one was not expecting this to ever be licenesed.
I had only recently heard that it was the companion series to Ranma and had got a couple fansubs to check it out. It is pretty good considering the target audience and year produced.

This will definitely go to my purchase list.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:29 am Reply with quote
Wow, so many episodes for just the first box. I guess this will mean around 4 boxes total. I'm a big Urasawa fan and am looking forward. Any idea on the rumored preorder date?
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:38 am Reply with quote
I like the fact that they are trying something a little different with their marketing strategy. Despite their history in the industry, AnimEigo is not a major player anymore, so they need to try something to set themselves apart. With all the good anime being released in the US nowadays, it’s almost impossible for most people to buy everything they are interested in. Combine that fact along with most companies releasing very affordable box sets for titles that have been out a while, and for many people the incentive to buy shows right when they are released is much less than it used to be. If you are looking at 2 titles you want equally badly and have to choose between them, the cheap boxset is going to be a lot more attractive than the expensive new release.

It will be interesting to see how things work out, and also just how cheap they will be willing to go if they really get a lot of pre-orders. It’s certainly a nice way to reward those people who buy right away, and to give people who may be undecided a little more incentive to buy, while also looking for a way to increase pre-order sales. I wonder how well the strategy will be handled by retailers or if the reduced prices will only be available for direct orders through their website. I know someone has done this kind of thing before, but I can’t remember if it was with an anime title or something else, nor do I recall if it was successful.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1